Shun Knifes worth it?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Chris, I might not have acquired that large a display except for the circumstances. It's located in the living room of an apartment where I spend the summer. It's an 80 year old rehab and the room is HUGE with the kitchen at the back end. There's no room in the kitchen for a TV so I got the 67" to view from afar. As it is, the LR furniture is located from 15 to 20 feet approximately.

As a side note I'm cutting off the cable company this year. With digital TV transmission and free WiFi stolen from the coffee shop across the street I don't need it. :tongue:

Ahhh....sounds like you got the right size for your room then! :thumb:

But wow that is big! :lol:

Do the DLPs get "warm" like the LCDs do?

And you know, I'm actually impressed at the quaility of over-the-air transmissions in HD. A cheap set of rabbit ears (< $10) and I get amazing picture from the air.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Do the DLPs get "warm" like the LCDs do?

No. the exhaust air is relatively cool. The best thing is that Samsung rates LED life at, if I remember this correctly, 60,000 hours. So much for changing bulbs. It would be a kick to have a big screen plasma but this one was 2 grand delivered last July. I'm a bargain hunter. Having it calibrated was a nice touch. I have never had that service performed before and am pleased with the results. My only problem is that the apartment is located above a men's store and I can't crank it up during business hours because the sub woofer turns the shop into the inside of a drum. :yum: