I am not wanted

leolady

on a Horse forum!

I have been on a horse forum for about 6 months, and have made quite a few friends.

Everyone is all excited because the horse market is down due to excess horses we have bred, and the closing of the horse slaughter houses.

What they are worried about is not the horses being unwanted as such, but the effect on the horse breeding/sales that so many horses have.

The majority want to bring back slaughter [including the administrator] and I do not agree. I think slaughter only covers up the symptoms and does not address the real problems with how horses are treated.

Well, these horse lover want to kill off the unwanted horses and now they hate me because I say that is not a good long term solution, and the actual solutions is likely to cost them a lot of money.

Next thing I know every time I post somebody gets up in arms and accuses me of attacking them personally. Soon, it is a habit that even the administrator is doing! I got a pm this morning from the administrator accusing ME of attacking a member and threatening to suspend me!

I wrote back saying that she should be fair and look at things in an unbiased way [the member in question is a personal friend]. The next thing I know, I am suspended for a week. :blush:

For arguing! I feel terrible because I am NOT at fault here, and I feel picked on. I don't think I am being treated as a valued member.

This hurts, and I don't think I should stay there. Do you?

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
leolady, I am sorry that you are going through such nonsense but only you can answer that question. However that being said, based upon what you wrote, it sounds to me that you do not need such abuse and staying would only make you feel bad. I am sure that there are other horse forums out there that you can join that will agree with your point of view or in the very least tolerate differing points of view. Life is too short to stay somewhere that makes you unhappy. Just be sure to get the email addresses of the friends you want to keep in touch with.
Hugs and Kisses and best to you always, Susan

lilylove

I never stay where I feel like I'm not wanted...

If you feel that way, I'd just spend more time on a site where you feel loved and needed. :)

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Lily, I feel bad for you because that forum is tied to your livelihood, and not just a hobby forum. It sounds like the people there are hurting financially, and they are looking for ways to help their income.

It sounds like this is real politics, and not just petty politics like on some forums. That being said, you should not be ostracized for voicing an unpopular opinion, and you are right that the admins should remain unbiased...

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like Happy Valley to me. I know how it feels to find the bull’s-eye on your back, especially when it’s a Mod or Admin that is holding the sniper’s rifle! It sucks. And then to get suspended or banned. Yeah, you’re right, it hurts to suddenly lose your “home” and to be shut out from your friends, especially when you haven’t done anything!

It takes about a week to get over it! :smile:

Don’t sweat those asses! They don’t deserve you! Spend more time here!!! :clap:

I can tell you from personal experience, now that this has happened to you, you’ll not be able to look at that site the same again. If you have the email of some of your friends there, then stay in touch that way, and ask them if they know other forums that deal with horses. Particularly forums that aren’t so blood thirsty and prefer to be humane!

leolady

And it is so funny Keltin.

They pretend to love and care for horses, but when it comes down to it costing them dollars and cents, the blood lust is loosed!

They want to breed and breed, and discard any that they can't use. Like the horses are kleenex not living breathing creatures god created.

Horse won't do barrell racing, sell it downriver, or whereever and get another one.

leolady

Thanks guys for letting me vent my hurt and frustration here. I am not going back to HORSETOPIA!

Or any other horse forum. They are all about the same. It just hurts to think of all those defenseless creatures being slaughtered to make some idiot a few bucks.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
There are horse rescuers, leolady. They buy the animals and give them good homes and let them live out the rest of their lives happily and loved.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Leolady, I belonged to a nursing forum for a while.
Things always got heated on there when the discussions involved the right to life, euthanasia, abortion .. etc.
I left because my own religious views were targeted time and time again, so.. I know what it feels like to be under the gun so to speak.
To heck with 'em.. find a different forum to discuss horses.

leolady

Heck, Ashen not only types, but she orders all kinds of expensive turquoise and black tack online to "enhance her natural black beauty"!

But guess what!!! about a baker's dozen of my friends at Horsetopia are raising cain with the administrator about my banning/one week suspension!

Isn't that sweet? I love my internet friends!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Well, you could do like we all did...you and your friends jump ship and find a forum where you are welcome.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I'm glad to hear it - it is such a shame when people cannot accept someone else's opinion.

Derek

Banned
I'd leave, sounds like it's not a forum worth being on.
Exactly, I've been on many forums that's like this and it sucks, Trust me I think the nct forum is a rare forum that actually have intelligent people talking on it.

I know that many forums claim they are open and let you talk about stuff you want to but when it comes down to the nitty gritty, They just ban you and move on.​

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Heck, Ashen not only types, but she orders all kinds of expensive turquoise and black tack online to "enhance her natural black beauty"!

But guess what!!! about a baker's dozen of my friends at Horsetopia are raising cain with the administrator about my banning/one week suspension!

Isn't that sweet? I love my internet friends!

That doesn't surprise me at all! I am happy for you! See, you have a lot of love around you!

PanchoHambre

I'm glad to hear it - it is such a shame when people cannot accept someone else's opinion.

I never understand when venues ostensibly for the purpose of discussion cannot handle open discussion. Many just want to be surrounded by thoughts and ideas that reinforce their own. IMHO this is the most dangerous way of thinking.

Leo.... good for sticking to your guns even if it caused a stir

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Exactly, I've been on many forums that's like this and it sucks, Trust me I think the nct forum is a rare forum that actually have intelligent people talking on it.

I know that many forums claim they are open and let you talk about stuff you want to but when it comes down to the nitty gritty, They just ban you and move on.​

Nothing at all about getting down to the nitty gritty as long as you're honest and not playing with people's emotions, OR trying to start trouble.
That's my two cents.. been through that myself on other forums.

Biskit

Doc??

Net
Horse
Talk

????????????

The song you sing is an oldie, as old as online communities themselves.

FYI.

I love ya! :flowers:

leolady

I never understand when venues ostensibly for the purpose of discussion cannot handle open discussion. Many just want to be surrounded by thoughts and ideas that reinforce their own. IMHO this is the most dangerous way of thinking.

Leo.... good for sticking to your guns even if it caused a stir

One of the moderators on the site is gonna talk to the administrator about this. This mod thinks I have been unfairly targetted!

Isn't that nice? See, there are some fair open minded people in the world!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I never stay where I feel like I'm not wanted...

If you feel that way, I'd just spend more time on a site where you feel loved and needed. :)

Bump!
I am beginning to feel that way for one reason or another.
Possibly some have gotten info on a forum I was previously and at times still active on, when I CHOOSE to be.
It has nothing at all to do with the time I spend here.

Certain people need to stop digging and just enjoy who we are right here and NOW on THIS forum!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Bump!
I am beginning to feel that way for one reason or another.
Possibly some have gotten info on a forum I was previously and at times still active on, when I CHOOSE to be.
It has nothing at all to do with the time I spend here.

Certain people need to stop digging and just enjoy who we are right here and NOW on THIS forum!

You're loved here, screw the trouble makers. Hell, POINT THEM OUT!! :lol:

I love your posts and contributions, and am really digging you falling off the wagon here lately, so you HAVE to stay!! Bam will totally corrupt you!! :yum: