Online Arguments

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Keltin, since no threads have offended me, I don't have a chance to play. What, exactly, does Alt+F4 do?

Give it a hot. You can un-do it later.

Although, it doesn't work so great with tabbed browsing.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Keltin... what the hell... 'HOT'??? Is this going along with your CARP?

We love you too bud!

give him a break, he's from the south sattie,
ROFLMAO-2.jpg

And no, Texas is NOT considered a southern state, we are our own country!! LOL

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
give him a break, he's from the south sattie,
ROFLMAO-2.jpg

And no, Texas is NOT considered a southern state, we are our own country!! LOL

So just what is it your trying to say...you like sugar in your cornbread? :wink:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Ok, since we’re here, I was wondering….

The forum says it has an option for Negative Karma.

I don’t know if that works or not? Personally, I don’t care how mad you make me, or how bad you cuss my beloved CoM canned soup, I’m just not gonna resort to Negative Karma. To me, THAT is going too far. I’d never do it.

Would you?

So far, I haven’t received any, so maybe no one else would either.

An no, that is NOT an invitation!!! :lol:

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I don't do negative either.... I prefer positive reinforcements. If you piss me off (which is hard to do), I just tune you out.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I don't think anyone has given out any negative Karma, but it is part of the self Moderating options. If a person gets negative Karma, it takes away from the Karma points they have.
At least, that is what I told it does, never done it myself. But hey! Since Keltin offered to be the Guinea Pig here..... ;)

I like the addition as well, Mama. One other thing to keep in mind, when you PM one Mod about an issue or concern, it is always always always forwarded on to the team for consideration. There are no exceptions.
I never understood that one, PM'ing one Mod with a concern but insisting it stay between that Mod and you. It doesn't work that way, we work as a group so PM'ing one Mod to ask for action doesn't work. It will get forwarded on to the group and a decision will be made as a group.
That's how we roll... as one!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I don't think anyone has given out any negative Karma, but it is part of the self Moderating options. If a person gets negative Karma, it takes away from the Karma points they have.
At least, that is what I told it does, never done it myself. But hey! Since Keltin offered to be the Guinea Pig here..... ;)

Heeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! Pull the brake!!! :yum:

Didn't know about it also deducting from your own Karma. I LIKE that idea! I hope it is implemented!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Implemented? I was told that is how it works now... LOL! But hey until we try it we may just never find out.....muhaha

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
I said it before. Explain your side of the topic and why you feel that way. Discuss the TOPIC not the person POSTING the topic. :thumb:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I said it before. Explain your side of the topic and why you feel that way. Discuss the TOPIC not the person POSTING the topic. :thumb:

Sadly, Ad Hominems always find their way in. It seems that those that THOUGHT they were good at debate aren't after all.

"I'm rubber and you're glue....."

:yum:

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
So just what is it your trying to say...you like sugar in your cornbread? :wink:

I LOVE sugar in my cornbread, lol

um um um........:unsure:
I LOVE southern people!! Not a thing wrong with them at all!!:blush::mrgreen:

just keltin:tongue:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I go along with the rest here. One thing I do if there is a thread or post I don't like - I just tune it out. Don't read it anymore, its gone from my mind.

buckytom

Grill Master
yipee!!! is it really true!! have i made it to the mountain top?

foryears i argued with "napolean" about the use of negative karma, and more recently other punitive control measures that were only available to the mods and admins. it was based on the fact that he should be unconditionally trusted to be a wise and fair judge, and that all decisions were made by the team of admins. but it really ended up being a kangaroo court.

my thought was that everyone should be able to use negative karma, or better yet, no one should. and that if you give it out, it must detract from you as well.

is that really the case here?? is this really going to be a justly ruled and operated site??

whew, i'm outta breath. i need to sit down...

chowhound

yipee!!! is it really true!! have i made it to the mountain top?

foryears i argued with "napolean" about the use of negative karma, and more recently other punitive control measures that were only available to the mods and admins. it was based on the fact that he should be unconditionally trusted to be a wise and fair judge, and that all decisions were made by the team of admins. but it really ended up being a kangaroo court.

my thought was that everyone should be able to use negative karma, or better yet, no one should. and that if you give it out, it must detract from you as well.

is that really the case here?? is this really going to be a justly ruled and operated site??

whew, i'm outta breath. i need to sit down...

The more I read, the less I think that is going to be the case.
I was surprised, to say the least, to see that out private conversations we might have with one mod, were passed around amongst them. I did not know that was a policy here. From the tone of certain written words, and taking into account they are written words, it seems like the mods want to be "more equal" than the rest of us, but then maybe that is what makes them mods :wink: