Cook Books

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I know we had a thread about them, but cannot find it.
Anyway I thought it would be fun to share yours.
Here are some of mine currently.
Some got left behind in England years ago, some are still in a storage unit, some I'd gotten rid of in the move.
Not a big collection but some favourites.
..and a file box of clippings and little books found last fall.

Attachments

• 20180323_083243-614x614.jpg
    20180323_083243-614x614.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 20180323_083233-614x614.jpg
    20180323_083233-614x614.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 136

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
this is upstairs . . . downstairs is about 18" wider and five shelves . . .

Attachments

• IMG_0625.jpg
    IMG_0625.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 128

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
sigh. I'm the repository for four generations of cookbooks. I've weeded out the nonsense stuff - but the rest documents history and I've not been able to part with it.

in another universe,,,, somebody started a thread about digging out the old 3x5 family recipe cards. well, I've got 8 boxes of those - I sorta' gave it a gander and decided a much more methodical approach was needed. my grandmother was born in 1898 - and I tripped across her handwritten card for "Granmama's carrot cake" - that would put the recipe at circa 1850'ish - in Transylvania, btw - in case your fangs need a honing . . . .

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Brings to mind the time I was struggling to recall my Mother's recipe for bacon fried rice.
Not sure I got it exact, but close enough.

:wub:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Brings to mind the time I was struggling to recall my Mother's recipe for bacon fried rice.
Not sure I got it exact, but close enough.

:wub:

Oh, PLEASE start a thread and post that bacon fried rice recipe, Sass!

Lee

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
got my best via my Pap/Gram (God rest their souls), & le cordon bleu/wayne gisslen-

Cooksie

Site Supporter
My new cookbook holder that I really like. Those hanging down things with the balls hold the pages in place.

IMG_6961.jpg

Most of my cookbooks are in a cabinet mixed in with other stuff. The one in the pic is one of those Southern Living compilations. I have lots of those.