Monday 1/23/12 What's the meal deal?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Chicken or pork TBD later along with the sides.

What's you plan?

Embryodad

Beef stew... mashed potatoes ... gravy from the stew.

It cooked early this am. Has to be thickened and plated tonight. pics will follow.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
morning, guys....... i have no inclination yet. busy day. i hafta thaw something or i'll make a repeat of last nite's dinner. bettter get goin; hafta be ready to leave in 45 minutes.

Today is the beginning of the Chinese New Year celebration (Year of the Dragon), thus we'll be dining out at our favorite (& FABULOUS) local Asian eatery - "Dragon Chef".
http://thedragonchef.com/

Of course we'll be splitting an order of "Chilled Shredded Chicken, Noodles w/ Sesame Peanut Sauce", since having noodles during the Chinese New Year ensures "health, wealth, & longevity". After that, it's anyone's guess, although I'm sure my husband will order his favorite - "Hot Mustard Shrimp" - which consists of large butterflied shrimp tossed in a drool-worthy spicy Chinese hot mustard sauce. Hubby orders it so often, the waitresses ask him if he wants it before he even opens his mouth - lol! And in my case, they ask me if I'll want my usual "large Sapporo beer" - lol! I'm not a big drinker, but can't enjoy a good Asian dinner without a tall frosty mug of Sapporo. It's definitely cute to be considered regulars at this place. Don't know what my entree will be - will have to see what I feel like having when we get there. Absolutely EVERYTHING at this place is excellent - as in better than big-city Chinese restaurants excellent - so I can't go wrong regardless of what I order.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I think it will be a pork loin or b/s chicken breast and veggie stir fry.

Leni

Probably chili again tonight with a tossed green salad this time. DH has planted so much lettuce and it's all ready at the same time.

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Chicken noodle soup made from rotisserie chicken i bought this morning. Noodles take care of my health, wealth and longevity! Rainy day here, love it

Embryodad

Served up the Stew (beef)...carrots celery / onions...and instead of potatoes in the stew; or mashed...I made potato dumplings.
Packaged Bavarian Mix.....

Took a pic of DW's carrot cake she made yesterday or the other day..? ..

I served her in the recliner....she was feeling under the weather today. Sickly!:sad:

baf12582.jpg

d1eea4d4.jpg

5c7e6366.jpg

70a22257.jpg

11f72e90.jpg

Nancy-MD

Wow Jimmy, that looks fantastic! Everyone's got some good things going on for today.

I made meatloaf.

Attachments

• 1.23.12.jpg
    1.23.12.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 125

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Oh Jimmy...that looks wonderful. How nice of you to fix your DW a plate and serve it to her since she's not feeling well. I hope she gets to feeling better soon.

Nice dinner Nancy! I love me some meatloaf. The best part is the leftover meatloaf sandwiches the next day. YUM!

I made some parsley potatoes and steamed broccoli to go with the Rotisserie chicken.

Attachments

• dinner01232012.jpg
    dinner01232012.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 119

Embryodad

Wow Jimmy, that looks fantastic! Everyone's got some good things going on for today.

I made meatloaf.
I don't dare show that to Tina...er she'll want me to make meatloaf tomorrow.
Looks awesome Nancy!!

What I would really like...is City Chicken. Luvs had some pics of some really crispy lookin ones she made the other day....and I keep dreamin about em.
Jist hopin I got some veal.??? Pork I know I have...Hmmmm!
Gotta go look in the cellar freezer after I do some more digesting! hahahaha

Embryodad

Oh Jimmy...that looks wonderful. How nice of you to fix your DW a plate and serve it to her since she's not feeling well. I hope she gets to feeling better soon.

Nice dinner Nancy! I love me some meatloaf. The best part is the leftover meatloaf sandwiches the next day. YUM!

I made some parsley potatoes and steamed broccoli to go with the Rotisserie chicken.
Looks great Mama....
Tina loves those rotisserie chix from Sams Club. She makes soup with them too after the breast meat is ripped and guzzled down.

PanchoHambre

yep, no corned beef as expected, god forbid she got off her tush and did anything. made myself some leftovers, bro made himself a quesadilla and ate in thier room. fun times in villa Pancho. guess ill throw it in the slow cooker tomorrow so it does not get wasted.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Looks & sounds so good everyone! I made a pan of cornbread to have with spicy chili - chopped onion, grated monterey jack cheese & sour cream for toppers...it was soooooo goooooood ahhhhhhhhh

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
yep, no corned beef as expected, god forbid she got off her tush and did anything. made myself some leftovers, bro made himself a quesadilla and ate in thier room. fun times in villa Pancho. guess ill throw it in the slow cooker tomorrow so it does not get wasted.

Sorry Pancho....sounds like you might need to make some changes.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
What I would really like...is City Chicken. Luvs had some pics of some really crispy lookin ones she made the other day....and I keep dreamin about em.
Jist hopin I got some veal.??? Pork I know I have...Hmmmm!
Gotta go look in the cellar freezer after I do some more digesting! hahahaha

sorry 'bout that craving my pic made u have,:chef:. aw, tell DW to get well soon! good hubs for taking care of her!~

Embryodad

sorry 'bout that craving my pic made u have,:chef:. aw, tell DW to get well soon! good hubs for taking care of her!~

Thanks luvs..

I*'m bein happy for the pic of the city chicken...LOL

I'm headin down the cellar to get the veal and pork, and then to pick up the laundry soes I could fold it.

I get to roll and tuck DW's sox. She hates when I do that.
I was taught that by Mom. It saves space in the drawer.

I take good care of my patients...hahaha At least I feed them good.

Maybe I'll just stick / bread / and layer the City Chicken and fry it up tomorrow.
I have some time before I climb into the crib. :mrgreen:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
hehe.
JIK, btw, wouldn't crumb it til rt. b-4 frying. it'll get soggy.

oh, my Mom, you're sooooo gonna dislike me after this, despises socks like that & she passed it onto me. folded, we say. folded! i literally always laugh aloud during some of yinzuns posts, & this is no exception. they bulge then. when folded, they can be neatly stacked in rows.

i have some of raynin's extra binkys for before the your crib-crawl. i'll air-mail them, hehe. naw, for real- i'm snoozing before tonite before 6 in the morning if i can.

& have some yummy city chix, jimmy! good job, again, taking care of DW.

Embryodad

hehe.
JIK, btw, wouldn't crumb it til rt. b-4 frying. it'll get soggy.

oh, my Mom, you're sooooo gonna dislike me after this, despises socks like that & she passed it onto me. folded, we say. folded! i literally always laugh aloud during some of yinzuns posts, & this is no exception. they bulge then. when folded, they can be neatly stacked in rows.

i have some of raynin's extra binkys for before the your crib-crawl. i'll air-mail them, hehe. naw, for real- i'm snoozing before tonite before 6 in the morning if i can.

& have some yummy city chix, jimmy! good job, again, taking care of DW.
Yeah! I'll stick em..and bread em tomorrow just b-4 eets!

I was thinkin Noodles with butter to go with the city chicken..and for a veggie..I figured cauliflower with butter juice, and lots of black pepper...Applesauce on the side.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
when u make that city chix airmail me a few skewers (i wanna know how many needed to google that). ready to me to make another batch! i try to keep fried food to a slight limit or the purple pill it is. i'm due to shop this week fer pop! maybe i'll toss the city chix into the buggy. nah, i have so much food from my last shopping adventure i cannot slam the pantry shut with my shoulder & kicking thereafter w/ boots on; & the fridge & freezer have a penchant fer opening from over-stock, too. i'd swear here 'cept i won't.

Today is the beginning of the Chinese New Year celebration (Year of the Dragon), thus we'll be dining out at our favorite (& FABULOUS) local Asian eatery - "Dragon Chef".
http://thedragonchef.com/

Of course we'll be splitting an order of "Chilled Shredded Chicken, Noodles w/ Sesame Peanut Sauce", since having noodles during the Chinese New Year ensures "health, wealth, & longevity". After that, it's anyone's guess, although I'm sure my husband will order his favorite - "Hot Mustard Shrimp" - which consists of large butterflied shrimp tossed in a drool-worthy spicy Chinese hot mustard sauce. Hubby orders it so often, the waitresses ask him if he wants it before he even opens his mouth - lol! And in my case, they ask me if I'll want my usual "large Sapporo beer" - lol! I'm not a big drinker, but can't enjoy a good Asian dinner without a tall frosty mug of Sapporo. It's definitely cute to be considered regulars at this place. Don't know what my entree will be - will have to see what I feel like having when we get there. Absolutely EVERYTHING at this place is excellent - as in better than big-city Chinese restaurants excellent - so I can't go wrong regardless of what I order.

Everything was FABULOUS - & I was right on mark re: the noodles, hubby's "Mustard Shrimp", & the Sapporo beer. I ordered the "Crispy Duck", which was great as usual. Crispy-skinned sliced duck breast with a mildly spicy sauce.

Terrific evening.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
:wow: EVERYONES meals sound AND look fantastic!

My DD decided she wanted chinese so she ordered for the family!! YUMMY

Embryodad

Made the "City Chicken"...

DW can't handle the chunks of pork & veal..and so I just ground it together... salt / pepper / dash onion powder / parsely ....Breaded Flour / Egg / Bread crumbs (1/2 regular + 1/2 Panko )

Made some Corn on Cob that I had frozen in the husks. It was OK...No cigar though!

Peas / Mashed Potatoes / and Applesauce.

4f1c7079.jpg

c1a95814.jpg

5cef88ce.jpg

d4a00823.jpg

93a06d85.jpg

c33abaf8.jpg