.3 oz. Salt
.15 oz. Instant yeast
1.0 oz. 7-Grain or 10-grain hot cereal
.75 oz. Butter
1.05 oz. Honey
1.95 oz. Milk
7.30 oz. Water

Directions:

1. Combine milk, 6.3 oz. of water, honey and butter in small saucepan. Heat over low heat and stir until butter melts and honey dissolves. Cool to lukewarm (less than 110 F).
2. In a small bowl combine cereal and 1 oz. of hot water. Mix and set aside to cool, then combine with liquid from step one.
3. In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients and thoroughly blend together.
4. Add lukewarm milk mixture and water to flour. Attach bowl and dough hook. Turn to speed 2 and mix 6 minutes.
5. Remove from bowl and knead to shape into a ball, then place dough in a greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in warm place, free from draft, until doubled in bulk, about an hour.
6. Divide dough into 2 oz. portions, shape into balls and let rest covered for 5 minutes. With a rolling pin, roll out each ball into a 5” disk, taking care to keep even thickness. Let disk rest on surface for 2-3 minutes to retain its shape (they want to shrink), then place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper and dusted with cornmeal. Dock each disk with a docker or with a fork, then cover for 20-30 minutes to rise.
7. Brush top of disks with warm milk and sprinkle with oatmeal flakes (optional). Bake at 400F degrees for 13 minutes until they just start to get golden brown. Remove from pans immediately and cool on wire racks.
8. When disks have cooled completely, slice in half horizontally with a sharp bread knife, place in a bread bag or freezer bag, and put in the freezer to maintain freshness. Thaw for 15 seconds in the microwave.

P1030630.jpg

P1030631.jpg

P1030632.jpg

P1030634.jpg

P1030636.jpg

P1030635.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
This looks really good Joe. I have 1 problem. My scale is off and I don't know how to calibrate it.