I have a Korean melon!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, I HAD one. I ate it.

There are so many, many strange and interesting things in the huge Asian supermarket next to my store .... and I am fearful of trying lots of them!

However, this little melon looked as if I might like it, so I bought one.

It's about the height of a coffee cup, but narrower. After scooping out the seeds, I sliced each half in wedges, and ate it like a watermelon.

It was very sweet, like honeydew, but the flesh was firmer, more like an apple.

Probably won't get another one, but I enjoyed the experience of something new and wanted to share.

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_1543.JPG
    IMG_1543.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1544.JPG
    IMG_1544.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 244

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I've never seen one of those. Did it have a name? (Don't tell me it's George:whistle:).

Fruit is 0 points, right?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
SS, all the signs in the store have Asian characters, and English words. The English words on this one were "Korean melon".

Yes, fruits are zero points. Never have I eaten so many fruits in my entire life!

Lee

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
If you wanna something weired, see if they have water caltrops. . .little devil looking things. I normally spend an hour or so just browsing around the Lotte near my house, so many curious things.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Sounds interesting. I'd like to try it.

But I'm sure there is a joke in here somewhere......where is BT.......QSis has a Korean Melon.......hmmmmmm......

:yum:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I love asian grocery stores but I always end up with a whole bunch of crap I don't know what to do with

Whattaya got, Panch?

Kimchee and BT usually have good ideas about cooking with Asian ingredients.

Lee