Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Strawberries 'n Cream (cheese)
40 large firm strawberries
14 oz. cream cheese, softened
3/4 c. confectioners sugar
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
8 TBL milk chocolate, grated, divided
Cut a thin slice off of the leafy end of the strawberries, just enough to allow the berries to sit level.
from the other end, cross-cut each berry about 3/4 of the way down, careful to not go all the way through.
Spread the four wedges slightly with a finger-tip.
Set berries aside.
In a Large Mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar and almond extract until light and fluffy. Gently fold in half the grated chocolate.
Using a pipette, decorating bag with tip, or small spoon, generously fill the strawberries, being careful not to break them.
Sprinkle the remaining chocolate on the tops of the stuffed berries, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
For a stronger chocolate flavor, apply a small dollop of chocolate syrup instead of the sprinkled grated chocolate

post2.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Bump!

Lucky, those are beautiful!

I may make them as a 4th of July treat!

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
What a great idea Lee! You could top them with a blueberry!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What a great idea Lee! You could top them with a blueberry!

Exactly what I was thinking, Mama!

They would look cool, all lined up in stripes, the way Lucky had them!

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Similar CC, but I think this recipe uses a cream cheese mixture. I also like the idea of using an X to cut the strawberries....kinda looks like stripes that way.

Those are pretty too though.

Nancy-MD

I found a similar recipe from allrecipes.com and will make them for my daughter's baby shower on July 2. I'm going to do the X cut and drizzle melted chocolate over the tops. I'm anxious to eat them, they look so good.