1 cup ricotta
1 beaten egg
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
2 cups tomato sauce
garlic powder, oregano, basil, parsley
1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded

Preheat oven to 350F. Mix squash, 1 egg and Parmesan. Press evenly into 9" pie plate.
Mix ricotta and other egg and spread over squash mixture.
In skillet, brown ground beef with onion and green pepper. Drain excess fat. Add tomato sauce and spices and
simmer for few minutes. Spoon over ricotta mixture in pie plate. Bake approx. 15 min.
Sprinkle with mozzarella and bake 10 min. more to brown cheese. Remove from oven
and let sit 5-10 min before cutting. Serves 6 - 11 carb per serving.

*To cook spaghetti squash, pierce with a long knife to the center in 3 or 4 places, then put in the microwave for 15 min. Steam should be coming out of the holes at the end of this time. If not, microwave for another 4 to 5 minutes. Let squash sit in the microwave for 10 minutes after cooking.
Cut in half, scoop out seeds and run fork over the squash - it will separate into spaghetti- type
strands.

Last edited:

lilylove

I have a spaghetti squash on the counter and was wondering what to do with it... might just try this. I'll have to use lamb though since we don't have any ground beef....

I've never cooked one before so THANKs for the cooking directions too!!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
You're Welcome, LilyLove.. that's the way I do it, but there are other methods..........
just google "spaghetti squash" and you'll find that everybody has their own ideas......
most of them worthwhile.

lilylove

I've done that...

I like using recipes from people I trust... esp. with a main ingredient that I've never used before.

Do you think one squash is enough for this recipe or should I buy another?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I've done that...

I like using recipes from people I trust... esp. with a main ingredient that I've never used before.

Do you think one squash is enough for this recipe or should I buy another?

you should be fine i have yet to come across a spaghetti squash that wont give me 3 lbs of "meat" after it is cooked.

love your recipe Luckytrim... spaghetti squash is one of my favorites.. i like it plain with butter and olive oil as much as i do dressed up

lilylove

I bought some ground beef so I'm all set to make this for din din tonight
(if Paul doesn't have to work late, won't know that for awhile yet) if he does I'll make it Saturday instead.

lilylove

OH POOOOOPIE PPOOOOP (and a few other nasty words!!!) I just finshed putting away the groceries and I forgot to pick up any mozzarella cheese!!!

I'm off to search the freezer...but it's really toooo late to thaw it out now even if there is some hiding in the back!

Constance

I love spaghetti squash...I'll have to try your recipe, Lucky. I usually just eat it with butter, S&P and plenty of garlic.

lilylove

This turned out really good!!! PAUL LOVED IT!!! I love it when that happens!!

I left out the green pepper as neither of us are big fans and added
sauted garlic and mushrooms to the tomato sauce layer. VERY GOOD!

Thank you!!!!