Chopped meat - from a cooking show

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
I think it was America's Test Kitchen - anyway, I browned the onions, ground up the mushrooms, and addeded some pepper and garlic.

I just don't remember how much sauce to add - I remember they added a giant regular tomato sauce and a can of diced tomatoes and I think another can of sauce. Anyway, after I added one of the cans of sauces, the meat was drowning so I stopped there !

Does anyone regularly make this kind of meat and can help me; thanks !

chowhound

I don't even irregularly make that. Sorry.
But if you're going for some kind of loose meat sandwiches or something, just let it cook down.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Almost sounds like a sloppy joe, but not sure. What is the end use for this? Put on sandwiches?

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Well, whether it goes on bread, rice, or pasta you don't want it like a soup. I would just add the one jar like you did then let it simmer down. If it gets too thick you can always add the second jar. If not, you are set!.
I am not sure what channel America's Test Kitchen is on, can you Google it and maybe see if they posted the recipe?

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Is that a PBS channel? If so might be very hard to do... maybe they just used a thicker sauce on theirs?