NCT's Iron Chef 10: Battle Corn

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
That's incredible HC!! Have you ever had formal training or are you just winging this! Your plating is always incredible!

GotGarlic

Maque Choux, or Spicy Corn. This is a great way to use up extra grilled corn.

Attachments

• maque-choux-600w.jpg
    maque-choux-600w.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 142

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
No;
I neglected to absorb the fact that there was a link....... I dug something out of my archives..........

I'll try those next time.

Breakfast pics are tuff 'round these parts; it's here and gone in a heartbeat........

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
No;
I neglected to absorb the fact that there was a link....... I dug something out of my archives..........

I'll try those next time.

Breakfast pics are tuff 'round these parts; it's here and gone in a heartbeat........
LOL i have never made these waffles for breakfast!! LOL

Cooksie

Site Supporter
that looks good!! i wish i liked shrimp (i'm not much of a seafood person but family is). is there a non-seafood version so i can enjoy?

btw i love the rimmed bowl. i have some small ones we use to eat grapefruit halves in.

I guess you could just eat sausage, corn, and potatoes (if you put them in). I think a lot of people do make it without seafood, but I never have.

High Cheese

Saucier
That's incredible HC!! Have you ever had formal training or are you just winging this! Your plating is always incredible!

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Nope, no training. That sauce was one of the craziest things I attempted and it came out surprisingly well. The creamed corn definately came out but I counterbalanced the sweetness.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I was just going to make hush puppies with corn, but I had some imitation crab meat in the fridge. So I give you:

Corny, Crabby Fritters...

1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 t baking powder
1 t salt
2 t sugar
1 small onion, chopped
1 can whole kernel corn (16 oz), drained
1 package imitation crab, (probably equal to 2 cans of real crab if you want to use the real thing)
2 eggs
milk, if needed

Mix together dry ingredients. Mix in remaining ingredients, and add milk until desired consistency is reached. Form into balls a little larger than a golf ball. Deep fry at 350 until golden brown. Serve with cocktail or tarter sauce...

img0402xt.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I was just going to make hush puppies with corn, but I had some imitation crab meat in the fridge. So I give you:

1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 t baking powder
1 t salt
2 t sugar
1 small onion, chopped
1 package imitation crab, (probably equal to 2 cans of real crab if you want to use the real thing)
2 eggs
milk, if needed

Mix together dry ingredients. Mix in remaining ingredients, and add milk until desired consistency is reached. Form into balls a little larger than a golf ball. Deep fry at 350 until golden brown. Serve with cocktail or tarter sauce...

img0402xt.jpg

Juuuusssttt Beautiful! I'll be trying those. :thumb:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 t baking powder
1 t salt
2 t sugar
1 small onion, chopped
2 eggs
milk, if needed

img0402xt.jpg

That looks fantastic! And what a wonderful picture!! I'll be trying this for sure!! :clap: