Iron Chef 9 : Steak

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
this weeks ingredient is steak...

same rules as before, the ingredient must be the main feature of the dish.
broil,fry,grill,smoke, its all good

good luck to everybody

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Yay! I get to redeem myself! The last time I made steak, my grease pan caught fire. The thermometer pegged, the grill lid discolored, and those steaks were charred crispy! :oops:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
My personal take is that it could be any kind of steak - I'm hoping someone will do something with a tuna steak.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
steak Pronunciation: \ˈstāk\ Function: noun Etymology: Middle English steke, from Old Norse steik; akin to Old Norse steikja to roast on a stake, stik stick, stake — more at stick Date: 15th century

1 a: a slice of meat cut from a fleshy part of a beef carcass
b: a similar slice of a specified meat other than beef <ham steak>
c: a cross-section slice of a large fish <swordfish steak>

2: ground beef prepared for cooking or for serving in the manner of a steak <hamburger steak>

Let's Rock !!
:chef:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
steak Pronunciation: \ˈstāk\ Function: noun Etymology: Middle English steke, from Old Norse steik; akin to Old Norse steikja to roast on a stake, stik stick, stake — more at stick Date: 15th century

2: ground beef prepared for cooking or for serving in the manner of a steak <hamburger steak>

Let's Rock !!
hey LT i'm getting stuffed tonight!! ummmmmmmmm well my burger .......... all your talk of stuffing has inspired me!!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Go get 'em peepster !

Oh, and you're hangin' tight on the smoking issue.......... keep it up !

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter

Let's Rock !!

thank you

chowhound

?????

Attachments

• wherebeef.jpg
    wherebeef.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 226

SilverSage

Resident Crone
OK. I guess I'm the first to cook steak this week. Here's my steak au poivre. I'm going to the beef section and to the veggie section to post instructions.

(I know the date says 2006, but I screwed up the date setting on my camera - It really was last night!)

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 221

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Very Nice! :dancing:The first time I had this, I thought, "Ummmm, that's going to be way too much pepper for me." But it wasn't. The asparagus is beautiful too.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Wow, Silver. That looks amazing! The perfect meal, in my mind. Plus, your plating is awesome. Bravo.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
alright people, i havent felt hungry in about 5 days... now i am darn hungry... time to take a steak out of the freezer

oh and whats with everybodies square plates..jeez..lol

i just bought some at a yard sale last weekend..posting pics in a bit

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm thinking chicken fried steak probably tomorrow night. Things change quite rapidly around here though :dizzy:.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
no.

:poke:

And, that dish still looks beautiful!

You do realize I'm kidding, yes?? ohhowihatetobepoliticallycorrect.