1/2 tsp grated orange rind
2 tsp gelatin dissolved in cold water

Fold into custard
6 egg whites beaten with 3/4 c sugar

Then fold in:
1 #2 can crushed pineapple
1 large angel food cake, torn in pieces
1 large bottle Maraschino cherries, drained

Mold in square or round angel food cake pan. Chill. Serve with whipped cream.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Dang, another recipe that sounds good Jim!!! :thumb:

So I suppose the 3/4 cup of lemon / orange juice is a 50 50 split of each juice.

The orange rind reminded me of a tip I learned from a caterer. At my daughters graduation party / cookout they had the best lemonade. I could not get enough of it. I complimented them profusely on the lemon aid. They chuckled and said at one event a guy bugged them and bugged them for the recipe for the lemonade. They kept telling him it's just Kool Aid mix. :pat: But they didn't tell him the secret ingredient ... at least not right off. They made the lemonade from the kool aid mix most of us are familiar with, but then cut up an orange into 6 pieces (just halfing and then cut the half into 3 pieces with the rind still on ....and plop the cut up pieces into the lemon aid. Boy is it GOOD!!!!!!
We always make our lemonade that way now. :thumb:

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
So I suppose the 3/4 cup of lemon / orange juice is a 50 50 split of each juice.

yep, I fixed it in the recipe.

The orange rind reminded me of a tip I learned from a caterer. At my daughters graduation party / cookout they had the best lemonade. I could not get enough of it. I complimented them profusely on the lemon aid. They chuckled and said at one event a guy bugged them and bugged them for the recipe for the lemonade. They kept telling him it's just Kool Aid mix. :pat: But they didn't tell him the secret ingredient ... at least not right off. They made the lemonade from the kool aid mix most of us are familiar with, but then cut up an orange into 6 pieces (just halfing and then cut the half into 3 pieces with the rind still on ....and plop the cut up pieces into the lemon aid. Boy is it GOOD!!!!!!
We always make our lemonade that way now. :thumb:

That sounds good.

Jim