Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
and remember it is just a muscle, try to take care of yours:
heart.jpg

Happy Valentine's Day!

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Take today and tell your significant other that you love them. I know a lot of people don't care for Valentines because it is so hyped up on spending money, but, you don't have to spend extra money to show you care. Cook a dinner, pick some flowers and arrange in a vase. Light some candles. Just tell them that you love them. You never know if it's the last time you will get that chance!!

happy-valentines.gif

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Take today and tell your significant other that you love them. I know a lot of people don't care for Valentines because it is so hyped up on spending money, but, you don't have to spend extra money to show you care. Cook a dinner, pick some flowers and arrange in a vase. Light some candles. Just tell them that you love them. You never know if it's the last time you will get that chance!!

happy-valentines.gif

Yes, I learned a long time ago how important it is to let the people you care about know you love them because when they are gone, they are gone forever. I don't need a silly holiday as my excuse but I don't mind it, either. To me, every day is a good day to say, "I love you."

Now, go do something that is good for your heart!:wink:

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Happy Valentines Day!!!!!

I will be doing nothing!!!! Im a little anti-VD actually. I think couples should be doing something special at least one a month anyhew and we dont need a day that forces it. Am I alone???

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
We spent most of today travelling, so not done anything special. DW's birthday was on the 9th, so tend to that as a special day and not do much about Valentines Day. Don't like the term VD, sugests something else altogether.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
We spent most of today travelling, so not done anything special. DW's birthday was on the 9th, so tend to that as a special day and not do much about Valentines Day. Don't like the term VD, sugests something else altogether.

My husband is the same way with our anniversary on the 23rd. I'm not real keen to that. I don't get anything special throughout the year, except maybe my anniversary, unless I buy it myself, which is what I do on my birthday and Christmas.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I'm sorry to hear that TG, I do try and make her birthday special, we usually go out for a meal - this year we went as a family, last year I just took her. I will sometimes surprise her on Valentines by sending flowers to her work or something (I did the year she was working away from home).

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I'm sorry to hear that TG, I do try and make her birthday special, we usually go out for a meal - this year we went as a family, last year I just took her. I will sometimes surprise her on Valentines by sending flowers to her work or something (I did the year she was working away from home).

that is nice when guys do small things like that. I know it doesn't mean a thing to you, but, it makes us feel good. points for you!!

lilylove

I will be doing nothing!!!! Im a little anti-VD actually. I think couples should be doing something special at least one a month anyhew and we dont need a day that forces it. Am I alone???

Nope.. we have "date"nights and romance all the time BUT, still try to make HEART day nice for each other. Love is good. :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
My folks were always doing loving things "just because". They didn't need an excuse to buy a present or remember each other and us. However, they never missed a holiday or birthday, either. My mom use to say that she couldn't believe how much my dad loved her.

PanchoHambre

Here Here!

I am not a holiday person though! I especially hate pressure holidays (VD is one of the biggies)

that said I am a bit jealous of people who can enjoy holidays un-jaded and I hope you all have a wonderful VD.

I got a first coat on my downstairs and spent the morning on neighborhood clean up day.... picking up after others YAY! But it is satisfying to work with the neighbors to clean up the hood.. but I digress

Happy Valentines Y'all

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Happy Valentines Day everyone!!

And I agree with TGM and Stacy, once a year is not enough. I do celebrete VD by letting DW do what she wants to do. And I celebrate our anniversary as well. But I also make sure at least once per month I do something out of the blue for her.
I think this says 'I love you' more than just following holidays, birthdays, and anniversary's only.