NCT Cooks Challenge Week 7 June 14-21 Stuffed, Filled or Layered Pasta

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
1. (and in no particular order, either, just number 1 because someone has to be...) stuffed, filled or layered pasta.
2. Pasta (unstuffed, filled or otherwise layered)
3. Chicken
4. Duck
5. Turkey
6. Fowl (yeah, you can also do one for the previous three)
7. Fish - with scales and fins
8. Shellfish and things that live in shells
9. Something from the ocean/pond/lake/stream/river/puddle
10. Cow
11. Pig
12. Ground Cow
13. Smoked Pig
14. Eggs
15. Cream
16. Your favourite spice
17. Your favourite herb
18 Breakfast
19. Salad
20. Soup (cream or broth type, but not stew, cause..hey, we need a bigger list)
21. Stew
22. Italian
23. French
24. Middle Eastern
25. Chinese
26. Mexican
27 BBQ/Grill/Smoker
28. Seasonal vegetable of your choice (must be 'in' season)
29. Family Favourite
30. Dessert

Hiya! The winner is Number 1!!! The challenge for the week of June 14 - June 21 is Stuffed, Filled or Layered Pasta!!
Now, with any amount of luck I am in on this!! There may be a hundred boxes and cartons in the background, but there should finally be dinner on the table again!!!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I have an entry!!!!! Friday night I made a mushroom and beef bolognese and then made lasagna!!

BurdetteStNewOrleans019.jpg

BurdetteStNewOrleans020.jpg

BurdetteStNewOrleans021.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Beautiful Lasagna Vera!! Hows your new kitchen? Is it comfortable to work in? I usually need awhile to get cozy in a new work space.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Part of my job in previous accounts was to travel to other accounts to assist or run them for events. Once I know the lay of the land, I can usually navigate a kitchen as though I'd always been there.

Meme4251

VB, nice casserole of lasagne you have there. Is that layered chunks of mozzerella cheese? Also, do you make a slow cooking tomatoe sauce as your base? Really looks delish gf..............:applause:

Your home sure is looking nice and you are moving right along pretty fast...So far, do you think you and Lou will like New Orleans? I'd would think so....I think I would like that city myself..........Meme/sh

Last edited:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Meme, I let the bolognese cook a couple of hours, and yes, that is large slices of mozzarella on top!!

Just got plants into about 2 dozen pots for the front of the house, and now it raining! Lou and I have always loved New Orleans, so I believe we'll love being here, full time!!