NCT Cooks Challenge 8 Week June 21 - June 28 SOUP!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
1. Pasta (unstuffed, filled or otherwise layered)
2. Chicken
3. Duck
4. Turkey
5. Fowl (yeah, you can also do one for the previous three)
6. Fish - with scales and fins
7. Shellfish and things that live in shells
8. Something from the ocean/pond/lake/stream/river/puddle
9. Cow
10. Pig
11. Ground Cow
12. Smoked Pig
13. Eggs
14. Cream
15. Your favourite spice
16. Your favourite herb
17 Breakfast
18. Salad
19. Soup (cream or broth type, but not stew, cause..hey, we need a bigger list)
20. Stew
21. Italian
22. French
23. Middle Eastern
24. Chinese
25. Mexican
26 BBQ/Grill/Smoker
27. Seasonal vegetable of your choice (must be 'in' season)
28. Family Favourite
29. Dessert

This weeks challenge, which already began (so sorry for the delay!) is Soup!! I considered making it something else because soup is hard to manage, especially when it's hot, africa hot...but there is a bevy of cool summer soups to be considered, so, Soups On!!

Hope to see some great cool entries!!!

K

Kimchee

Here's a soup for this lonely thread.....
It is STONE SOUP.
Remember the old fable, guy has a magical stone that makes delicious soup, just drop it in a pot of water and boil?

This is the results of a Stone Soup thread on another board. I took the first 20, yes 20 ingredients suggested and made Stone Soup from them.

It was OK, but not the world's best, LOL!

(Technically, not an entry for this challenge, since I didn't cook it during the week, but....)

Attachments

• StoneSoup2.jpg
    StoneSoup2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 198

mhend

Here's a soup for this lonely thread.....
It is STONE SOUP.
Remember the old fable, guy has a magical stone that makes delicious soup, just drop it in a pot of water and boil?

This is the results of a Stone Soup thread on another board. I took the first 20, yes 20 ingredients suggested and made Stone Soup from them.

It was OK, but not the world's best, LOL!

(Technically, not an entry for this challenge, since I didn't cook it during the week, but....)

I remember that story! I loved it as a kid! :smile:

GotGarlic

I remember that story! I loved it as a kid! :smile:

I was in a play of that story in fourth grade or so - I was one of the soldiers who started the soup and persuaded the townspeople to contribute :smile:

I've always wanted to try a cold fruit or avocado soup, but never quite did it. This will be some good incentive :chef:

buckytom

Grill Master
i was thinking of how inappropriate soup would be this week with temps in the 90's, but i forgot about cold soups. thanks for the heads up gg.

need to find a coworkers recipe for gazpacho. the last time he brought some to work i couldn't stop eating it. it was so good i put down the spoon and just chugged it out of the container.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
i was thinking of how inappropriate soup would be this week with temps in the 90's, but i forgot about cold soups. thanks for the heads up gg.

need to find a coworkers recipe for gazpacho. the last time he brought some to work i couldn't stop eating it. it was so good i put down the spoon and just chugged it out of the container.

I make soups year round because it's cool inside my house/kitchen during the summer -- even tho it's getting blistering HOT out there, so for that reason nothing made is considered seasonal, or in relation to what the weather is doing outside.

I think I just might get in on this one because I love soup.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I hope everyone participates!! I've got to come up with something myself...with Marianne and Jim here, I'm sure I could sell them a bowl of soup!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
There's no way I'll get Marianne and Jim to eat a cool summer soup. I've got so many good recipes for cool soups but I know they won't enjoy any of them. So, it's either make a warm soup that I know they'll eat...or wait till they leave on Sunday and make a small portion for myself for the last day of the challenge.

Going to start a new thread...