NCT's Iron Chef #45 : Battle Olives.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
The random number generator came up # 25

33o6qsx.jpg

As with the other ICs, this is a challenge to ourselves. There is no judging, and no winner. We are ALL winners in this since we will all benefit from the creativity and new recipes that this challenge will bring us.

The rules are simple, this challenge is open for 7 days (week of 3/14/10 - 3/20/10). During that 7 day period, make any kind of dish you want, however you want. Drink, Appetizer, Main Course, Dessert, etc. The only stipulations are that you must use Olives in some way in the dish, and it must be something you have cooked during the 7 day period of this challenge.

Once your dish is ready, it’s a good idea to make a new post with your recipe. Then, post a link and a picture of your recipe to this thread. Alternatively, if you like, post your recipe and pictures here. In the end, we will compile all the results into one thread for easy searching.

Now, let Battle Olives begin!

vyapti

I picked up the green olives and vegan cheese on my lunch hour today. I'll start a pre ferment for the pizza dough tomorrow.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Vera and I had similar ideas. I used Naan instead of pita, and did mine in a skillet instead of the grill, but we seemed to think alike on this one.

SousChef went for roasted red pepper, olives, capers, scallions.

I went for roasted red peppers, olives, capers, caramelized red onion, sun dried tomatoes.

Both were over melted provolone on Naan.

Attachments

• naan pizza (3).jpg
    naan pizza (3).jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 231
  • naan pizza (5).jpg
    naan pizza (5).jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 210

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had some fun today playing with olives.

Olive-Tizers - Jumbo black olives stuffed with pepperoni, carrot sticks, celery sticks, and some smoked cheese sticks.
Got this idea from:
http://www.recipezaar.com/Black-Olive-Appetizers-248587

olives.jpg

Penguin Olives - Jumbo black olives stuffed with Creamy Swiss Laughing Cow cheese for the body, medium black olives used for the heads, some carrots cut for the feet and beaks, and a little green onion used for a muffler

These little guys are all over the internet, so I don't know who actually came up with the original idea.

penguinolives.jpg

Deviled Eggs with Green Olives - Egg yolks combined with minced pimiento stuffed green olives, minced celery, minced red onion, and some Miracle Whip

olive-tizers.jpg

Deelady

OMG Cooksie!! Those are absolutely adorable!! where did you learn to make those penguins?? Wow how perfect they look! My daughter would LOVE those, how long did they take you to make?:a1:

Tonight I made a spaghetti pasta tossed with kalamata olives, grape tomatoes, artichokes, feta cheese, lemon juice, and seasonings, served with pan seared salmon. Very tasty and my daughter even TRIED asking for 3rds!! :tongue:

Attachments

• food 010.jpg
    food 010.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 215
  • food 001.jpg
    food 001.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 210

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Thanks Dee! I just saw them on Google Images and decided to give them a try. It didn't take long to make them, but I sure wouldn't want to make a whole tray of them. They're fun to make though.

I love olives, so I'm loving everything on here. Mix in feta and artichokes, and I'm in heaven.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
These dishes are brilliant!!! I would love every single one of them!

Olives are among my top favorite things to eat in the world!

Great job, everyone!

Lee

vyapti

Pizza on homemade crust with green & kalamata olives, artichokes, tofu-feta and a tablespoon of minced pickled jalapenos. And vegan too =)

4452866561_0a5d251954.jpg

4452866693_1ab1f29c88.jpg