Geoduck

Dogboa

Our first adventure with a geoduck was quite successful! Next time we will get two as we both wanted more. Like uni, we had to get past the initial cleaning.

Natural appearance.

picture.php

Cleaned.

picture.php

Sashimi.

picture.php

Fried with wasabi mayo.

picture.php

We had a little leftover stone crab and baked potato to go with it.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I always thought this was a Pacific NW delicacy.

I like that you post unusual dishes!

Lee

Dogboa

We have an Asian market close by that carry live geoduck as well as live dungeness crab. They also have live golden crab which is a deep water local.

Johnny West

I can't find the pictures of mine. I live in the NW and don't see them for sale in fish markets. The commercial geoduck goes to Asia.

Your sashimi looks great.

Dogboa

I can't find the pictures of mine. I live in the NW and don't see them for sale in fish markets. The commercial geoduck goes to Asia.

Your sashimi looks great.

A lot of our fresh water turtles end up there, China in particular. Too bad the seafood products that come from that area are mostly garbage. My wife and I were in Restaurant Depot last year and she found frozen crawfish tails that were boldly labeled "Breaux Bridge, LA. Breaux Bridge is well known for the quality of their crawfish. When she flipped the package over, in very fine print, it read "product of China". They were actually shipped from China and packaged in Breaux Bridge. :furious:

Johnny West

Growing up in Iowa we used to get big snappers and leatherback turtles and are delicious. My Iowa bud still gets several a year but then he has a population of snappers that live in his farm pond and jugs them to keep the numbers down. I'm asking for a course of turtle soup when I visit in March.

In my home town area there are several folks that are farming shrimp. You think the same could be done with crawfish. Several trout streams I fished were loaded with crawfish and my dad and I would get a minnow bucket full to cook up for creole while camping.

Dogboa

Growing up in Iowa we used to get big snappers and leatherback turtles and are delicious. My Iowa bud still gets several a year but then he has a population of snappers that live in his farm pond and jugs them to keep the numbers down. I'm asking for a course of turtle soup when I visit in March.

In my home town area there are several folks that are farming shrimp. You think the same could be done with crawfish. Several trout streams I fished were loaded with crawfish and my dad and I would get a minnow bucket full to cook up for creole while camping.

The majority of crawfish offered online are pond raised. WC/River crawfish are my favorite and I only trust Sal's Riverside Seafood for pond raised. I usually order a couple 40# sacks a year.