it's saturday! dinner tonite~

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i haven't really thought much of it, tho mr. fussy said he'd have veal. so if not his pizza pasta that went by the wayside last nite, veal scallopine or veal parm/pasta. i think he'll like it.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Seafood Extravaganza at the club celebrating Fran's birthday. :)

Roses4Fran.jpg

Embryodad

I Have an inkling that I will make a couple Burgers on the grill.

DD made a chocolate cake, and brought over 1/3. DW is poking at it now.

Tomorrow is a "City Chicken Dinner" and Combo B D Party 41st for DIL's

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I've got a couple free range, grass fed beef rib eyes. Also have some mushroom ravioli and zucchini. Somehow, this is all going to come together....
After cocktail hour.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Happy Birthday to Frannie!

It's been a hot one today. Mid 80's so a light dinner tonight....just veggies. Broccoli, fried okra, corn and sliced tomatoes with rolls.

Embryodad

DW picked up some gorgeous ground Once pork from a Oriental market...

Here is the dividing and packaging in flat ziplocks of the 6.4 Lbs. 3 Lbs will be used for City Chicken for tomorrows meal.

Then today I put together some beef oval patties that I call "Chinese Burgers over Rice"...

Just the burgers fried with minced onion...then fresh celery / beans / carrots / soy sauce / Hosin sauce, and simmered in a little water added till the veggies were cooked.

Cooked some rice...and away we went. :biggrin:

fe60e90b.jpg

9281da59.jpg

a9c86a9c.jpg

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
DW picked up some gorgeous ground Once pork from a Oriental market...

Here is the dividing and packaging in flat ziplocks of the 6.4 Lbs. 3 Lbs will be used for City Chicken for tomorrows meal.

Then today I put together some beef oval patties that I call "Chinese Burgers over Rice"...

Just the burgers fried with minced onion...then fresh celery / beans / carrots / soy sauce / Hosin sauce, and simmered in a little water added till the veggies were cooked.

Cooked some rice...and away we went. :biggrin:

fe60e90b.jpg

9281da59.jpg

a9c86a9c.jpg

Oh my goodness! that looks wonderful.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
managed a couple of shots

sauteed some beets for the salad
006.jpg

a bit of sustainable beef....well...just free range and grass fed..

007.jpg

dipping garlic olive oil
008.jpg

salad with roasted beets, louisiana strawberries and goat cheesse
010.jpg

mushroom ravioli and sachet in sauce with truffle oil
011.jpg

ribeye with mushroom ravioli and sa
013.jpg
chet

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We went to a fundraiser at the church my wife works at called "A Taste of Nations." Food from around the world prepared by different ethnic groups. It was amazing food that you got to sample from at least a dozen ethnic groups that are part of this wonderful culinary melting pot of Greater Cleveland, Ohio. My favorites were the Eastern European and Filipino offerings, but I have to say that everything we sampled was good. Wine, beer & sodas included, plus Chinese Auctions and silent auctions. DW came home with a HUGE basket of Latin American products, including a jug of Margarita mix and three new Margarita glasses in blue. Too much stuff to list. I won a silent auction of 4 gallons of Sherwin Williams ProMar 200 paint with a pan, pack of pan liners, 2 high end roller sleeves, 2 Purdy paint brushes , Frogtape and an area rug for in front of the kitchen sink. Got it all for $60, and is worth about $150 retail. I guess this was not a crowd that wanted to work.:yum:

Embryodad

We went to a fundraiser at the church my wife works at called "A Taste of Nations." Food from around the world prepared by different ethnic groups. It was amazing food that you got to sample from at least a dozen ethnic groups that are part of this wonderful culinary melting pot of Greater Cleveland, Ohio. My favorites were the Eastern European and Filipino offerings, but I have to say that everything we sampled was good. Wine, beer & sodas included, plus Chinese Auctions and silent auctions. DW came home with a HUGE basket of Latin American products, including a jug of Margarita mix and three new Margarita glasses in blue. Too much stuff to list. I won a silent auction of 4 gallons of Sherwin Williams ProMar 200 paint with a pan, pack of pan liners, 2 high end roller sleeves, 2 Purdy paint brushes , Frogtape and an area rug for in front of the kitchen sink. Got it all for $60, and is worth about $150 retail. I guess this was not a crowd that wanted to work.:yum:
Sounds good Joe!... I love to sample culinary tastes from different ethnic groups.