Tuesday 13 July Dinner

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I've got two ribeye steaks from the farmer's market, so onto the grill they are going to go, regardless that it will be over a hundred degrees in the yard.

Baked potatoes, sauteed mushrooms and tomato salad!

Watermelon mojitos earlier ..... merlot with dinner.

Thinking of making a fig cake...

What about you??

SilverSage

Resident Crone
All that talk about tempura batter made me want some. So I guess it's shrimp at our house tonight.

And a salad - always a salad.

lilylove

Paul is working late and will eat a work so I don't have to cook. :)

Tomorrow he's bring home Chinese and Friday we have to go to Oregon. We'll be home late Saturday night. Sunday is a BBQ at a friends and she only wants us to bring our drinks of choice. I don't see myself cooking until Monday!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
The egg challenge dish will have to come another time (hope I make the deadline!)
I want to use up some of these fresh veggies in the fridge, so I put on some spaghetti to cook and will be making summer spaghetti.
Bought a nice slice of watermelon when I ran out to the store too.
So, I'll have some of that with it.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Steaks and a red wine mushroom sauce with a side of yellow squash is on the menu here.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I made Shrimp Tempura, with an orange marmalade & horseradish dipping sauce. In our house, dinner is almost always accompanied by a salad.

Attachments

• tempura 021.jpg
    tempura 021.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Deelady

Looks fantastic SS!!
We had lemon wings and BBQ wins on the rill with fried pretzel nuggets with Jack Daniels honey mustard

Attachments

• food 274.jpg
    food 274.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 99
  • food 278.jpg
    food 278.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Deelady

Aww thanks SS, that is so nice of you :) It is quickly becoming a passion of mine, I look forward to taking classes for it in the near future! :D

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I have pictures of a mid week dinner...but Lou and I are celebrating an 11 years since the day we met anniversary tonight...gimme time.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Baked pork chops and sweet potatoes. I cut the potatoes lengthwise, formed a trench in each center, filled them with butter, and covered with the diggings. Oh boy - really tasty

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Grouper stuffed eggplant

July2010036.jpg

Peppercorn and herb crusted ribeye (grass fed!) with a port cream sauce, baked potatoes and sauteed mushrooms

July2010038.jpg

(looking at that plate, it's hard to believe, but everything on that plate is brown, tsk tsk tsk)

WHITCHY

I've got two ribeye steaks from the farmer's market, so onto the grill they are going to go, regardless that it will be over a hundred degrees in the yard.

Baked potatoes, sauteed mushrooms and tomato salad!

Watermelon mojitos earlier ..... merlot with dinner.

Thinking of making a fig cake...

What about you??
Oh MyVera...
My neighbor just gave me a bowl of figs fresh from the tree. I have no idea what to do with them. I can't get them into my mouth even though i'mtold there great and my 7 year old granddaughter says there really good you should try them YUK!!!! can you help me out here??? I really am stuck and i don't want them to go to waste.. Thanks

GotGarlic

Oh MyVera...
My neighbor just gave me a bowl of figs fresh from the tree. I have no idea what to do with them. I can't get them into my mouth even though i'mtold there great and my 7 year old granddaughter says there really good you should try them YUK!!!! can you help me out here??? I really am stuck and i don't want them to go to waste.. Thanks

I'm not Vera, but I posted this a while back: Fruity Salad

Hope it gives you some ideas.