What is Your Weather?

Embryodad

Made 75º today! Not bad considering only 44% RH.

It has cooled down a bit and at 8:30..it is 59º.
I don't have severe allergies, but my eye's today are sticky and scratchy!

A sinus headache started, but I cought it in time with a couple alleve pills.

Tomorow PM they are forcasting rain, and also into Sunday. We need rain!

I guess tomorrow I will play, pick up sticks and twigs. I have one of those reach sticks with the grabber claw on it. I just walk around with a tub or the wheel barrow...and fill it up with the tree limbs and sticks.

Lucky to just haul them to the back, and dump them in the woods.

Supposed to re-stain m/ seal coat the wood on the back deck..but with possible rain...that makes that job for a dryer period.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
It's beautiful here! I'm trying to resist the temptation to go buy some hanging baskets, probably still a little too early.

GotGarlic

We have a slow, drizzly rain going on today, with temps around 70f. I have a pot of chicken stock simmering on the stove - smells great throughout the house.

Leni

Today is beautiful. A little on the cool side but the sun is warm. I'm out pulling weeds and getting ready to redo my backyard. The president of my plant club has a landscaping business. I had him come by for a consult. His opinion was that all I had to do was move a few things around and add a few flowers because I wanted more color.

Leni

Today it is raining. I left a few of my tools out last night. I had intended to go back out and put them away but.....

Mama I've never heard of pollen counts like that. The very idea that you can't see out the windshield makes this asthmatic girl shudder.

FooD

Glad I finished laying shingles on my new observatory, still under construction, in the back yard yesterday. We're getting some steady rain today and all my tools and the rest of the structure is nice and dry...:)

While unseasonabley warm for the past few weeks (a few days in the low 90's), have just been informed that tomorrow night (Mon.) & the next (Tues.) will find temps dropping to 28 & 32 respectively. Yikes! Glad I put off planting out some of my tender vegetable seedlings.

Embryodad

While unseasonabley warm for the past few weeks (a few days in the low 90's), have just been informed that tomorrow night (Mon.) & the next (Tues.) will find temps dropping to 28 & 32 respectively. Yikes! Glad I put off planting out some of my tender vegetable seedlings.
Yep!... B..C.. It's gonna cool down some!

I have the pellet stove and the heat in GD's Bedroom running.

We don't plant here till after Mothers day as a rule of thumb.

"Mothers Day" is my traditional planting out day as well - passed down from my dad, granddad, & uncles (who actually grew for the east coast supermarket chains back before trucking things in from the west coast became the norm).

Luckily, I've stuck to that, & thus don't have anything growing I have to cover. :)

Embryodad

Hard Freeze.. 25º predicted for tonight.

It's so windy with 40mph gusts..The house sides are rattling.

It made it to 45º today..and at 4:30 it will drop quickly.

Had a lockdown at the High School and the College today.
First time ever (besides the drills for the kids).

Some idiot called the police and left a message of a shooter in the woods behind the school.. The town was in a panick.

Thank God it was not a real problem, and the caller is unfound.

I was a nervous wreck with the state police choppers flying overhead all morning.
It was so windy, and they played heck fighting the winds in that chopper.

Always something!!

Ian M.

Boy, Embryo Dad, that's really kind of scary! What ever happened to the good old days when the worst things kids did at that age were staying out past curfew?
Now they're armed and dangerous! :eek:

Ian

Last edited:

Embryodad

Boy, Embryo Dad, that's really kind of scary! What ever happened to the good old days when the worst things kids did at that age were staying out past curfew?
Now they're armed and dangerous! :eek:

Ian
It surely is scary!... The worst part..is that the call was made from a trac phone, and it could have been anyone from anywhere from God only knows where!

The sad part, is that someone may have gotten hurt over the situation.
There were so many helicopters overhead...it was like in the jungles of vietnam.

Thankfully, evey aspect was handled in a very good manner.

The worst part was that the kids were hungry, and had to go to the bathroom while locked in the rooms with the lights out!

The only drills and preparedness I had in school, was under the desk or in the basement during an air raid test.

Ian M.

Hello E.D. - If I were a betting man, I'd lay odds that the caller may well have been one of the kids in that school.....one who perhaps wanted to miss fourth period algebra class or maybe a pop quiz in history or some such. And all kids seem to have mobile phones, as well. Kids will always think of nonsense like that and then they're amazed when the entire prank blows up in their faces! Given situations like the Columbine High School tragedy and events like that, the authorities have little choice but to react just as they did in your town, too.

Ian

Leni

I remember diving under the desk for earthquake and bomb drills.

That's scary ED. Even worse today there was a shooting at one of the schools south of here. A 17 year old boy was shot and did at the hospital. Four schools are under lock down. Wish we could go back to the days when disputes were settled with a fight behind the boys gym.

Embryodad

I remember diving under the desk for earthquake and bomb drills.

That's scary ED. Even worse today there was a shooting at one of the schools south of here. A 17 year old boy was shot and did at the hospital. Four schools are under lock down. Wish we could go back to the days when disputes were settled with a fight behind the boys gym.
Yeah!... It's so bad these things happen.

I've been in a few of those fights in the alley behind the school yard. L O L
One was with a girl..who kicked the livin heck out of me! hahahahaha

Leni

That must have been embarrasing. When I was in college I arm wrestled a guy and won. It turned out that he had polio as a child and his right arm was very weak as a result. Didn't matter. Every guy at the table had to arm wrestle with him. He was more than a little embarrassed.

Embryodad

That must have been embarrasing. When I was in college I arm wrestled a guy and won. It turned out that he had polio as a child and his right arm was very weak as a result. Didn't matter. Every guy at the table had to arm wrestle with him. He was more than a little embarrassed.
The only embarassing part, was the Where She Kicked Me.

Instantly Out Of breath... "I found out, Girls could kick, and this one knew where!"...

OMG...I remember the Polio! Mom would say...No Pool..It's Polio Season, and you'll catch it!..

The kids today have no clue as to whatever Polio is / was!

I said to Granddaughter one day..to not go in the town pool yet, or she'll catch Polio..and she gave me such a weird stare, and said,"Pops..Catch Who?" ... Who's that?"
No Clue!

Ian M.

I don't think it matters much how "old" a kid is, nor how long he/she may have been out of "kidhood". You talk about embarrassing things.....last night I got a phone call from a friend out in California who'd just attended a SAG meeting and happened to find himself seated right next to Adam West. He was so excited until I had to turn to my wife and ask if she knew who Adam West is/was! Like who doesn't know who Batman is, for Pete's sake? But I was never a great fan of the caped crusader and my celebrity education is sadly lacking, I fear. But I'm told that at going on 31 I'm really old enough to know who Adam West is! For shame on me!

My brothers and I are a set of triplets and my Dad decided he should trade us in for newer models when he began nattering one day recently about people "being on the dole" and all three of us were completely clueless as to what he was talking about. My 15-year-old girl cousin had to help us out of that one! :idea:

Ian

Embryodad

Ha Ha ha ... we had Batman way before you were born, and I really didn't find it worth the 10 cents on the comic book.

My kids watched it on the TV as a cartoon action series.

It wasn't that easy for us. We had to read and imagine the action as best as possible that we could !. .....

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Things got really bad in the Dallas/FtWrth area last night. 18 wheelers tossed through the air :eek:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stX1Avy4qHg[/ame]

All I got was some wind and rain, thank goodness.

Ian M.

CF and all other Texans - So glad and relieved to hear that you all are okay and didn't suffer any serious damage from all the storms last night!
CF, I'm really glad for you that you got the 3" of rain - know how much you need that. Hopefully, you'll get some more in a less spectacular fashion.

Ian

Cooksie

Site Supporter
We are waiting to hear from DW's relatives she has in Grand Praire, Dallas , and Richardson Texas.. I don't know where they are in relation to Dallas FW tornado's??

I hope you've heard by now. I hope not, but your Grand Prairie relatives probably got some pretty nasty weather.

Embryodad

I hope you've heard by now. I hope not, but your Grand Prairie relatives probably got some pretty nasty weather.

Thanks Cooksie...

Yeah! .. tina heard from her cousin, and he said a lot of rain, and minor damage where he is living! All is OK though he said! Thank God!:thankyou:

Embryodad

Weather has been really nice and cool here last 5 day's.
We are hoping for the rain that is forcast for Tomorrow evening and into Sunday and Monday!
Temperatures Monday thru Friday into the lower 50's. I just hope it brings the rain.
The last forcasts for rain have proved to only be a sprinkle for like two hours.
I still love their saying Chance of rain..50%.. I guess it gets them off the hook.