What's in your garden 2012?

leolady

I worked like a dog all day today, but I got a lot of stuff planted.

Four grapevines
broccoli
cauliflower
cabbage
kale
beets
turnips
two types of pole beans
peas

Tomorrow I hope to have in: collards, swiss chard, mustard, mesculan lettuce, spinach, radishes, and carrots.

Leni

It has rained all day today so no planting of veggies. It's 8:30 here but I think that I'm going to go curl up in bed and read for a while. It has been a perfect day for reading, knitting, and going through old magazines to see which will go to the hospital.

leolady

I worked Monday, today, and maybe tomorrow, so I have not had a chance to plant the collards, swiss chard, mustard, mesculan lettuce, spinach, radishes, and carrots.

They will have to wait on the weekend, unfortunately!

Leni

The rototiller has died and is in the shop for repairs. They had to order a part and it will be about a week before it is ready. That means I get to use the fork spade and had dig to plant appx 20 tomatoes. Get the hot pad ready.

leolady

Finally got the collards, swiss chard, mustard, mesculan lettuce, spinach, radishes, and carrots in yesterday. There is still a little room, so we may be putting in a few extra things.

And hooray! Asparagus is up and doing well. I put composted manure in their bed yesterday after we finished planting 25 Nanking Bush Cherry bushes.

The beets, turnips, and kale we planted last week are up. Some of the sweet onions are up also. My perennial onion bed is doing wonderfully. The grape vines we planted a couple of weeks ago are doing good also.

The tiny crabapple and pear trees we planted a couple of weeks ago are doing fine, but the plum trees look dead.

We will be starting to transplant irises to make way for the cucumber, yellow squash, and zucchini bed next week.

Bugs are nibbling on my cabbage plants so I had to hit them with a little Sevin dust.

Moles are not yet in my raised beds, but they are reeking havoc in my lawn!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I planted 8 tomato plants, 8 pepper plants, 6 more strawberries and a variety of herbs. DH is going to build me a couple of trellises this weekend for my beans and cucumbers.

Mr. Green Jeans

Finally got a stretch of weather to work in the garden. According to the calendar, we're a good 3-4 weeks late for peas and potatoes but as late as the last of March we had snow on the ground. Chard and endive are getting sown this afternoon.

Leni

I'm in the same situation. Between rain and wind storms I've only been able to weed. It doesn't help that the tiller needs to be repaired and we are waiting for a part.

Mr. Green Jeans

My Mantis tiller is headed for the shop as well Leni. Two-cycle engines and ethanol enriched fuel don't play well together. I'm afraid I have a carburetor rebuild in the near future. My bad for not draining the tank last summer.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Still learning this gardening thing. I planted tomatoes, peppers and herbs down the right side. Down the left side is green beans, cucumbers, squash, lettuce (the cats dug most of the lettuce up) and strawberries. With all of this rain lately, my little garden seems to be thriving.

Attachments

• garden05102012.jpg
    garden05102012.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Leni

Looks good Mama. My dear darling is taking over the entire back yard planting garden stuff. He has decided that if he can't eat it he doesn't want to grow it. I want flowers but at least this is getting him up off the chair and into the outdoors doing something.