What's your favorite storebought salsa?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yes, I know that fresh salsa is terrific, but sometimes for an "after school snack" I just like to grab a jar and a few tortilla chips.

I didn't like Newman's Own mild salsa at all.

I'm trying a local brand, "Pedroia's" (they slapped the name of the beloved second baseman for the Red Sox on it), which has black beans and corn and is mildly spicy - not bad.

What have you folks tried and liked?

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Pace Garlic and Lime Salsa Verde is my newest favorite. I tried it when I made that white chicken chili a few weeks back, and since then I've bought three more jars. It's thick, chunky, and delicious.

Pace describes it as, "A match made in salsa heaven. We’ve taken the distinctive kick of fresh garlic and balanced it with the sweet tang of lime. Then we threw in some tomatillos, cilantro and onions for good measure. There are so many flavors coming at you, you’re gonna want to be sitting down when you try it."

Shermie

Site Supporter
Of course, salsa can easily be made in the food processor, using the pulse button to avoid over processing. :eating2:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Trader Joe's is a fresh salsa but it is the best ready made that I've found.

Leni, they were giving out samples of fresh bruschetta at my TJ's last weekend, and I loved it, so bought a container of it.

It is delicious, but very mild, and has all kinds of Italian flavorings (natch).

Since I have a million jalapenos in my garden, and some cilantro, I chopped up some of both, added some red onion and lime, and made a great product even better! An Italian-Mexican fusion!

Excellent with my beloved blue tortilla chips! :blob_blue:

Lee

Attachments

• Trader Joe's bruschetta.JPG
    Trader Joe's bruschetta.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Trader Joe's bruschetta , close.JPG
    Trader Joe's bruschetta , close.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 107
  • Trader Joe's bruschetta with blue chips.JPG
    Trader Joe's bruschetta with blue chips.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 109