Mississippi Sin

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This is one of my all-time favorite dips!

I have taken this to several New Year's Eve parties, and it's always a hit.

The key is to buy some extra assorted rolls or bagels to cut up for dipping.

Lee

Mississippi Sin

This recipe was inspired by one I found in the cookbook "Favorite Recipes from Union Baptist Church Cooks" Tylertown, Mississippi and it’s a show stopper. Tinkered with? Of course! In fact the recipe is somewhat of a standard and variations can be found in many cookbooks. It’s become a family favorite. This is my version.

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, (8-10 oz)

8 ounces cream cheese, softened

1½ cups sour cream

½ cup chopped cooked ham

1/3 cup chopped green chiles

1/3 cup chopped green onions (green parts)

2 cloves garlic, pressed

¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1-1lb round loaf French or sourdough bread

1 cup tomatoes, seeded and diced

Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well. Set dip aside.

Cut a thin slice from top of bread loaf; set slice aside. Using a gentle sawing motion, cut vertically to, but not through, the bottom of the loaf, ½ inch from the edge. Lift out center of loaf; cut into 1-inch cubes, and set aside. Fill hollowed bread loaf with dip; cover with reserved top slice of bread loaf. Wrap loaf with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Mix in the diced tomatoes and serve with reserved bread cubes and crackers.

Attachments

• Mississippi_Sin.JPG
    Mississippi_Sin.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
How can I get my images not to be "thumbnail" size? They are supposed to be full-sized and I can post them as such elswhere.

Lee

chowhound

That was sounding real good and then I got to the part where you put it in the oven.... Instant salivation, lol. WOW, no wonder it's a hit.

On the pics, no idea, but I noticed the pic is hosted at imageshack. Try uploading them straight from your computer. Maybe something is happening between inageshack and here?