MiSSiSSiPPi picnic

FooD

Before the weekend began I heard some local Mississippians were having their annual picnic Saturday at a city park so a friend and I decided to check it out.
The park perimeter just happens to be right across the street from my house and the picnic was held at one of the picnic locations a short 15 minute walk from my house.
With a $20 donation per person and open to the public we were treated to some great (all you can eat & drink) spareribs, fried catfish, beer, and music. All the food caterers, beer, and even the bands were all trucked in from Mississippi. Amazing.
Oh, I even won a southern cookbook in a raffle...:D
We had some good, relaxing fun. Here are some pics I took...

P1040079.jpg

P1040085.jpg

P1040095.jpg

P1040107.jpg

P1040110.jpg

P1040122.jpg

P1040129.jpg

P1040133.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Great pics, FooD!

I never think of L.A. looking like that -the park looks almost RURAL!!! Very pretty!

Lee

FooD

I never think of L.A. looking like that -the park looks almost RURAL!!! Very pretty!

Thanks!

Elysian Park here near downtown L.A. is large and has a few secluded picnic areas within and when you're at one of them it's hard to believe Dodger Stadium is located in the same park and it's just a 1/4 mile away.
Whenever we want to see a Dodger game it's a quick 10 minute walk to the stadium from home.
The L.A. Police Academy is also located inside this park.

FooD

I'm glad I attended the picnic. I actually almost signed up for a 2-day pizza making workshop which included building a temporary wood fired brick oven this weekend. Now that would have been fun too.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
That looks like a really fun party. The real deal. Thanks so much for sharing. The pictures take all of us there.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Down! DOWN you two. fOOd posted his very handsome picture back in the ancient "show us what you look like" or whatever the thread was called - I think. I've seen his mug somewhere, and it wasn't at the police station....

homecook

Down! DOWN you two. fOOd posted his very handsome picture back in the ancient "show us what you look like" or whatever the thread was called - I think. I've seen his mug somewhere, and it wasn't at the police station....

What?? We're only looking!! :whistling: