Boxing Legend Mahammad Ali dies.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Boxing legend Mahammad Ali - the man who captivated fans everywhere and made boxing a household name, has become the most prominent figure in the sport, and who has practically "reinvented" boxing, had died.

He was 74. :sad:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
He most certainly WAS a household name! Or names. I always preferred the Cassius Clay name.

RIP

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
He was a good one. He did a lot of volunteer work after the boxing careet that entertained the world. He had said that the jaunts and jabs before the fights were all for show and to get the folks and opponent riled. It would bring out folks to root for him and against him. He didn't care as long as they came. A true entertainer. But above all a GREAT man. He did a lot of good.

I preferred his original name to Lee, but I guess he didn't. RIP Muhammad Ali.

Shermie

Site Supporter
He was meet with controversy along the way, such as refusing to be drafted into the Army(or was it the Marines?).

His whole life was surrounded by controversy, the way that he did things. With controversy came challenge, & with challenge came glory in most cases. :boxing:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here are pics of him in different stages in life as a boy, a young adult & one of his latest pics. :wub:

Attachments

• Mahammed Ali.jpg
    Mahammed Ali.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Ali all grown up..jpg
    Ali all grown up..jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Ali as a boy..jpg
    Ali as a boy..jpg
    81 KB · Views: 92