Baby Sweet Peppers

Carolina Cooking

IMG_0160.jpg

I have been buying these peppers @ Publix for $5. then I see them at Wal Mart for $less then 3.
:thumb:
I bought 2 box'es now I am needing some ideas what to do with them besides Greek Salad.

GotGarlic

I love grilled vegetables. I'd cut them in half, remove seeds and stems, and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill for about 7-8 minutes. I like to have a medley of grilled veggies, so this time of year, I usually also have sliced onions, zucchini and/or green beans with them. Sprinkle with any kind of fresh herbs after grilling - something that goes with the main dish.

When I have leftover grilled or roasted peppers, I use them in sandwiches and pasta salads as well.

Deelady

I think they would be great for a stuffed appy type dish.....maybe brown some ground beef, mix in cream cheese and green chilies and lcooked rice then stuff them. Bake them till tender. Great light meal, with a salad.

Chop them up & use as a pizza topping - w/ mozzarella, onions, mushrooms, etc. Add sliced pineapple & ham (if you like a Hawaiian-style pie.

For the small peppers, I would halve them, remove the seeds, & skewer them with onions etc. for kebabs of choice.

Here's one from Giada that sounds delish. I would cut a slit through the sides of the peppers (but not all the way through), remove the seeds & stuff them - rather than from the top.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/stuffed-baby-peppers-recipe/index.html

GotGarlic

I just found this on a local restaurant's menu: Cajun Crab Stuffed Mini Peppers With a sweet pepper coulis.

I'm just guessing, but I imagine the stuffed peppers would be baked for 8-10 minutes at 350*. I saw these same peppers at Wal-Mart yesterday, but I didn't pick them up. Might do so this week, though.

Mr. Green Jeans

You could do a sweet pepper version of rat toes;
Mix a package of pork sausage with 1 brick of cream cheese. Remove the tops of the pepper and suff. Warp the outside with 1/2 a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Put on a grill with low or indirect heat about 1 hour. The trick is keeping them upright. You can buy a grilling rack for rat toes.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Rat toes.
I had to image Google that.
Man they look delicious.. the food kind, not the rat kind lol

Carolina Cooking

lol I had to go look myself . never heard of them called that. But I have made plenty of them.
I snagged this pic off some food site.

I think thats just what I will do with them.

thanks so much..:heart:

Attachments

• atomic-buffalo-turds.jpg
    atomic-buffalo-turds.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 748
Cut them in half (or quarters) & use them as dippers for soft dips, or stuff them with a stiffer dip - like a garlic-herb cream cheese (bought or homemade). They're also nice grilled/roasted & added to Italian sausage or vegetarian sandwiches.