Super Site Supporter
2 sheets puff pastry (let thaw)
8 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons oil
seasoning salt
pepper
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (optional)
1/2 lb fresh button mushroom, sliced
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 egg, slightly beaten

preheat oven to 375
Season the chicken breast with seasoning salt and pepper on all sides.
Heat butter and oil in a skillet. Brown the chicken on all sides until almost completely cooked through. Transfer to a plate. In same skillet, add in onions, garlic and sliced mushrooms; saute until the mushrooms lose their moisture and the onions are tender. Add parsley.Roll out each puff pastry sheet, on a floured surface, to a 14-inch square.
Cut into four, 7-inch squares (you should have 8 squares total).
Place a breast on center of each puff pastry square.
In a small bowl combine the softened cream cheese with mustard, then spread over each breast. top with about 2-3 tablespoons mushroom/onion mixture.
Brush the edges of each pastry square with water.
Wrap pastry around the chicken breast, pressing edges to seal tightly.Place seam-side down on greased baking sheets.
Brush the tops with egg wash.
Bake for about 20 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Well, some don't like, lol. husband doesn't care for it in this. I LOVE it though!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
This sounds amazing! The title got me as I love Beef Wellington! I've got to try this. Thank you!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
this looks awesome...sadly i have never made or had beef wellington or chicken either... i iz scared to make it..lol

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Here ya go, Keltin. Sorry, the pics are not great, but, I'm too friggin hungry to care about presentation at almost 8 pm!! had to leave for 45 minutes before I could start dinner! UGH!!
and, anyone that knows me should know by now I HATE mushrooms, so, you will not see them here or anywhere near my food!! LOL

100_2834.jpg

100_2836-1.jpg

100_2837.jpg

100_2838.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Here ya go, Keltin. Sorry, the pics are not great, but, I'm too friggin hungry to care about presentation at almost 8 pm!! had to leave for 45 minutes before I could start dinner! UGH!!
and, anyone that knows me should know by now I HATE mushrooms, so, you will not see them here or anywhere near my food!! LOL

100_2834.jpg

100_2836-1.jpg

100_2837.jpg

100_2838.jpg

That is flippin AWESOME!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I am SO making this. Thank you for taking these awesome pics!! :kiss: