NCT's Iron Chef 6 : Pizza

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
This challenge’s secret ingredient is……..

Pizza!

As with the other ICs, this is a challenge to ourselves. There is no judging, and no winner. We are ALL winners in this since we will all benefit from the creativity and new recipes that this challenge will bring us.

The rules are simple, make any kind of pizza you want, in the oven, on the grill, in the smoker.

Once your dish is ready, it’s a good idea to make a new post with your recipe. Then post a link and a picture of your recipe to this thread. Alternatively, if you like, post your recipe and pictures here. In the end, we will compile all the results into one thread for easy searching.

Have fun everyone!!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for keeping it going Bam. Pizza huh? Another tough one for me. Here we go......:lol:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Busy week this week so I don't think I'll have time to play...

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm going to try. I have never made pizza dough from scratch, but I've been wanting to try to use my pasta maker for the dough. I like thin and crispy. We'll see :smile:.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i am going to be using JoeV's dough recipe so i at least know that my dough will be good..lol

i have 2 entries planned so this will be a fun challenge...

have fun everyone and your welcome Keltin

Love2"Q"

mine are on the grill now ...
i am hoping but not expecting good results ...
but there are a few more days ...

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I went with a childhood favorite: French Bread Pizza!

This one has Italian chicken sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms sautéed in Merlot wine, red onions, cheddar and mozzarella cheese.

http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=103902#post103902

Step_9-10.jpg

BTW – Mods, I had no idea where to put the recipe for pizza?!?!?! I stuck it in Ethnic foods since it was all I could think of. Baking seemed right, but the current Baking Forum is all about desserts?

Where should we put pizza recipes?

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

This one has Italian chicken sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms sautéed in Merlot wine, red onions, cheddar and mozzarella cheese.

Step_9-10.jpg

BTW – Mods, I had no idea where to put the recipe for pizza?!?!?! I stuck it in Ethnic foods since it was all I could think of Baking seemed right, but the current Baking Forum is all about desserts?

Looks great Keltin!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
setting the standard pretty high huh...lol

good job bro...

i will enter mine as soon as my kitchen helper comes home from school tomorrow...maybe thursday

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I don't know if I will make this one either. I love making homemade pizza though. Good job, Keltin!

lesley

Ok, this is my favourite, it's got everything I like in it..tomatoes, Oregano, passata, mushrooms, anchovy fillets, Mozzarella cheese, Black olives, & no meat, & medium pizza base.
Sorry picture's a bit blurry :bonk:

bazs-pizza-a.jpg

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Ok, this is my favourite, it's got everything I like in it..tomatoes, Oregano, passata, mushrooms, anchovy fillets, Mozzarella cheese, Black olives, & no meat, & medium pizza base.
Sorry picture's a bit blurry :bonk:

bazs-pizza-a.jpg

Loaded and lovely! Looks great Lesley! :clap:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Looks great, Lesley. Loaded like that, who needs meat.

I have never done pizza like that, Keltin, but now I must try.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
You know, I tell Lou each week what the new challenge is. Not that he couldn't guess, considering how often the camera comes out at dinner time, lately.

He is quite excited about the pizza challenge. While I am admittedly a karma whore, Lou has me beat hands down as the reigning pizza junkie. I may actually have three entrees here. If I go the distance to make the pizza, I always make at least two types. Photo op that this is....he's going to be in a pizza induced frenzy.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Hey c'mon....gimme more pictures!!! I'm doing mine tonight. Did I mention that Lou is like a crack addict when it comes to pizza??
Dear ones, if you don't want to make crust, use one of those boboli things or buy premade pizza dough. MOst supermarkets carry it, usually in plastic bags. Could be fresh or frozen.

I really should go to work now.
xox
See ya later.

lesley

Looks great, Lesley. Loaded like that, who needs meat.

I have never done pizza like that, Keltin, but now I must try.

thanks Cooksie, funny thing is I really love meat..just can't handle on a pizza...how strange is that LOL...:wink:

lesley

Step_9-10.jpg

BTW – Mods, I had no idea where to put the recipe for pizza?!?!?! I stuck it in Ethnic foods since it was all I could think of. Baking seemed right, but the current Baking Forum is all about desserts?

mushrooms sautéed in Merlot wine..:respect:
great photo!!:clap: