NCT's Iron Chef 4: Battle Sandwich

Cooksie

Site Supporter
The ingredient is just Sandwich. As Bam said earlier, ingredients stuffed between two other things is a sandwich! :lol: So, get creative and post away!

Hmmmm, could be a sweet too. Maybe an ice cream sandwich or some kind of cream filling sandwiched between two cookies. I'm just trying to think outside the box here. :ohmy: Lots of possibilities.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Hmmmm, could be a sweet too. Maybe an ice cream sandwich or some kind of cream filling sandwiched between two cookies. I'm just trying to think outside the box here. :ohmy: Lots of possibilities.

why not? good job thinking outside of the box

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
For my entry, I went back to my roots. Back in Mobile, on the Gulf Coast, Shrimp is plentiful, and a favorite way to enjoy them for lunch is a Shrimp Po-Boy.

This recipe actually calls for large shrimp (16/20), but Publix was pretty bare tonight, so I had to make do with smaller shrimp (40/50).

I present: Shrimp Po-Boy with Fries and Hush Puppies.

Step_9-7.jpg

Recipe, more pics, and notes are here:
http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8319

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

ABSOLUTELY!!! That's it!!! Definitely think outside the box!! Wonderful!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
ok my brother..that looks awesome... do you like it dressed or not?..lol
For my entry, I went back to my roots. Back in Mobile, on the Gulf Coast, Shrimp is plentiful, and a favorite way to enjoy them for lunch is a Shrimp Po-Boy.

This recipe actually calls for large shrimp (16/20), but Publix was pretty bare tonight, so I had to make do with smaller shrimp (40/50).

Step_9-7.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
ok my brother..that looks awesome... do you like it dressed or not?..lol

Actually, I don't like it dressed. I will occasionally drizzle the lemon juice over the shrimp, but the lettuce and tomato I save for a salad! :lol:

However, some like it, so I included it here......and the color did help the picture! :wink:

Man......how I could go for a small bowl of Gumbo right now!!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
we actually use to have a place here that had half decent gumbo..dont know where they learned how to cook it but it was good..sadly it closed
Actually, I don't like it dressed. I will occasionally drizzle the lemon juice over the shrimp, but the lettuce and tomato I save for a salad! :lol:

However, some like it, so I included it here......and the color did help the picture! :wink:

Man......how I could go for a small bowl of Gumbo right now!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
we actually use to have a place here that had half decent gumbo..dont know where they learned how to cook it but it was good..sadly it closed

My Mom and her husband are up there right now, but I haven't been able to reach them.....cells may be out of the service area. But, Mom makes a wicked Gumbo (chicken, or seafood, or sausage...your choice). If I reach her, I'll send her over to your place........and you can send a UDS back with her. They're eventually coming back this way, so free shipping!!! :lol::lol::lol:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
My Mom and her husband are up there right now, but I haven't been able to reach them.....cells may be out of the service area. But, Mom makes a wicked Gumbo (chicken, or seafood, or sausage...your choice). If I reach her, I'll send her over to your place........and you can send a UDS back with her. They're eventually coming back this way, so free shipping!!! :lol::lol::lol:

actually those were my thoughts, depending where they were..i could send you some care packages and save us all from paying for postal services..lol

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
did i mention i love making sandwiches?..lol

cornbread muffin snackies

on the left genoa salami w/tomato and cajun seasoning,black pepper
on the right smoked turkey,genoa salami, w/tomato and cajun seasoning,black pepper

63xiyp.jpg

x2pfr4.jpg

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter

Step_9-7.jpg

Seeing this reminds me that I have to go back to Frankie & Johnny's in New Orleans for a PoBoy...

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Mayonnaise and Ham Sandwich - If anyone wants the recipe, just ask :D:D.
J/K--I'm still trying to think up something to cook for this category.

3592254649_294317345f.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Step_9-7.jpg

:clap::clap::clap::tiphat: Looks GREAT Bushman! I'll be sending some Karma your way as soon as it lets me!

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Here's my entry - I call it a B-A-T; Bacon, Avacado and Tomato sandwich with lime-laced mayonnaise

etfq8g.jpg
[/IMG]

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Here's my entry - I call it a B-A-T; Bacon, Avacado and Tomato sandwich with lime-laced mayonnaise

etfq8g.jpg
[/IMG]
Oooh, oooh, what do I have to do to get the recipe? (I can handle the toast, bacon, tomatoes, and avocados but is there dressing? How do I add the lime?

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Oooh, oooh, what do I have to do to get the recipe? (I can handle the toast, bacon, tomatoes, and avocados but is there dressing? How do I add the lime?

Thanks everyone, you made my day! :biggrin: As far as your question goes, FM, what I usually do is take regular mayonnaise (about a cup), add the juice of one small lime (about 1 Tbsp) and mix. Sometimes I'll add some finely chopped cilantro too, depending on what I'm making it for (like fish taco's). For this sandwich though, I didn't use it.