NCT's International Iron Chef II (everyone join!!)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Bam and I tried this in another post, the first International Iron Chef. The idea is to have an ingredient and then make your dish.

We want to try it this time with everyone. We need YOU to take the ingredient and cook it, then post pics.

The ingredient this time is pork. Any cut. From ribs, to butts, to chop. If it is pork, then show us what you’ve got.

Unlike a traditional Iron Chef, we aren’t looking for a “winner” here. Instead, we are looking for creative ideas on what to do with the theme ingredient.

The real winner will be NCT and all NCT members because we will have new ideas, new recipes, and new pics.

So, who’s game. The ingredient is Pork. We’re starting today Sunday, 5/17/09. All recipes should be posted with pics before midnight Saturday night, 5/23/09. You can post at any time, but please post before Saturday at midnight so we all have something to wake up to and browse on Sunday!

Again, this isn’t really a competition of sorts, but more of a way to challenge each and everyone of us to do something creative with the theme ingredient. It’s all for fun and for the benefit of NCT. But, I’ll personally Karma anyone that joins in!! :yum:

Once you have your recipe and pics, just post them to this thread. You might also consider making a separate thread just for your recipe so it’s easier to search on and find.

Or just make a separate thread and post the link here. It all works. Probably, the best approach is to start a new thread and post the link here!

So, shall we start NCT’s Battle Pork? Who’s in?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Bam Bam's BBQ Team is in.... we are missing a vital member but will find a substitute..lol

Attachments

• sooie.JPG
    sooie.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 272
  • ischU.jpg
    ischU.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

chowhound

"Iron Chef". That's a pretty hefty term to label one's self.
How did this come about? Neat concept, but are us "lesser cooks" expected to compete against you or Bam because you are the "Iron Chef's" of NCT? :unsure: Maybe I missed a post in the romper room...

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
“Iron Chef” is the idea.

The show Iron Chef picks a random ingredient, and then everyone scrambles to make what they can of it. It will cause you to pull your best and savored recipes, or think long and hard about something new.

Either way, we all win!

So the idea here is, the ingredient is pork (this time) and what will YOU cook with it?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
How did this come about? Neat concept, but are us "lesser cooks" expected to compete against you or Bam because you are the "Iron Chef's" of NCT? :unsure: Maybe I missed a post in the romper room...

everybody here are Iron Chefs, its just a name..lol

...i've seen the food you have put out chow... more like i have to compete with you..lol

i figured iron chef would get more attention than calling us... the next Jamie or Bobby Dean challenge..lol

chowhound

everybody here are Iron Chefs, its just a name..lol

...i've seen the food you have put out chow... more like i have to compete with you..lol

i figured iron chef would get more attention than calling us... the next Jamie or Bobby Dean challenge..lol

Oh, OK. When I saw this last night;

Iron Chef International
in the South kitchen..............Iron Chef International Keltin

in the North kitchen............. Iron Chef International Bam

All right! Kitchen Stadium welcomes the first challenger representing Southern Style Pit BBQ, aiming to take down Iron Chef Bam.

BBQ vs. BBQ .

Keltin vs Bam......This is going to be a great one.

We should be expecting a lot of the same techniques.

These two chefs show alot of similarities in the kitchen and on the grill.

This should be a fairly good match.

We are going to do it a little differently. Today is a one dish show.

Todays secret dish is...................... Smoked Chicken Lasagna

Doc, are you ready?

I figured you two had your own contest going because someone had called you two Iron Chef's in a post. My bad...

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
no problem chow... so you in?...lol

give us a hint on what your are cooking? we need ideas???...lmao:yum:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

To be a little more clear. Bam and I decided to both make the same dish that he found and then post pics. Since we were both doing the same dish/ingredient, we called it Iron Chef.

The theme of Iron Chef is to have one ingredient, and everyone makes something of it. So we thought it would be fun to start an Iron Chef tradition here at NCT where an ingredient is picked, then everyone makes their dish from it.

It’s not really a competition. There is no judging or winner. It’s more of a challenge for everyone to say “hey, the ingredient is X and I can make this”, then post it with pics.

There are no “real” Iron Chefs. Iron Chef is just the theme in that we have an ingredient and everyone cooks it. That way, we get so many takes and interpretations of the theme ingredient.

It’s a fun way to challenge ourselves and also boost recipe and pic count for NCT!

Plus, it’s just cool. Instead of thinking what’s for dinner, now we think, how am I going to cook this???? Should be a blast. You’ve got a week to come up with something, so it should be fun!

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Oh, OK. When I saw this last night;

Iron Chef International
in the South kitchen..............Iron Chef International Keltin

in the North kitchen............. Iron Chef International Bam

All right! Kitchen Stadium welcomes the first challenger representing Southern Style Pit BBQ, aiming to take down Iron Chef Bam.

BBQ vs. BBQ .

Keltin vs Bam......This is going to be a great one.

We should be expecting a lot of the same techniques.

These two chefs show alot of similarities in the kitchen and on the grill.

This should be a fairly good match.

We are going to do it a little differently. Today is a one dish show.

Todays secret dish is...................... Smoked Chicken Lasagna

Doc, are you ready?

I figured you two had your own contest going because someone had called you two Iron Chef's in a post. My bad...

It actually started as light hearted bantering in this thread.

http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7765

Bam asked what was on "tomorrow's" menu, and I said just pick it and we'll Iron Chef it (both cook the same thing) since I haven't a clue.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Keltin and Bam .... is it okay if I post a recipe and photo from the past?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Keltin and Bam .... is it okay if I post a recipe and photo from the past?

Instead of cooking it again?

I figure.......yeah, why not. As long as you have the pics to go with it, that should be fine. But, you do have a week, so maybe cook it again? :lol:

Either way, as long as we boost the recipe count in the thread and show the myriad of ways to cook the ingredient, I figure it's all good. :thumb: