Anthony Bordain

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Anyone else what his show No Reservations? I really like the show but his monologue drives me nuts... kinda flat line with little emotion in it.
Anyone else?

PanchoHambre

I don't have cable anymore (they caught up with me finally) but I used to watch. I like his show and find it very entertaining but he is definitely a first class A**hole. I like him though different than alot of other food shows.... and yeah monologue not the high point

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
he smokes,he drinks,he swears and he likes good food.... the rest doesnt matter..lol

actually he quit smoking..lol

i do like his show and yes he can be an a-hole but hey so can all of us with boy parts..as my wife says...lol

buckytom

Grill Master
lol.

i like his show, in small doses. it goes well with andrew zimmern's travel show.

tony is a "bridge and tunnel rat" like me. he grew up a few towns away from where i did, just outside nyc.

i like his attitude most of the time, but he's too skinny to pull off the tough guy routine. wise ass suits him better.

S.Shepherd

lol.

i like his show, in small doses. it goes well with andrew zimmern's travel show.

tony is a "bridge and tunnel rat" like me. he grew up a few towns away from where i did, just outside nyc.

i like his attitude most of the time, but he's too skinny to pull off the tough guy routine. wise ass suits him better.

exactly..then when he has to kill his food, he tries to wax poetic- I hope it's just for the benifit of the PETA crowd.

I do think he'd be a funny mo-fo to party with

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I like his personality and attitude a lot! But then again, I never saw Bobby Flay as a problem when much of the world did. Love them both.

Bourdain quit smoking???? Excellent! That was the only thing I didn't like about him!

Lee

smoke king

Banned
I like the show, and I don't have a problem with him as many folks do. Its easy to see how his personality could rub people the wrong way though.

High Cheese

Saucier
I watch him and Zimmern all the time. Love it. He friggin cracks me up. Zimmern kills me when he eats something disgusting and he'll come out with: "Boy, that was a bad idea." or something along those lines with little to no emotion. LMFAO

Both shows are excellent. :thumb:

Ronjohn

I live the show too... The voiceovers do tend to get to me sometimes though. Other times, I like them. I just always try to keep in mind that the voiceover is done in the studio when they have the show on tape.. so it isn't a spontaneous commentary.

And I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh when he has to re-live some of the moments he'd have preferred to avoid... like eating the warthorg anus. :sick:

S.Shepherd

I live the show too... The voiceovers do tend to get to me sometimes though. Other times, I like them. I just always try to keep in mind that the voiceover is done in the studio when they have the show on tape.. so it isn't a spontaneous commentary.

And I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh when he has to re-live some of the moments he'd have preferred to avoid... like eating the warthorg anus. :sick:

Anthony Bourdain suffered quietly as he dined on wart hog - encrusted with sand, fur and fecal bacteria - in the African country of Namibia.
Bourdain, host of the Travel Channel’s “No Reservations,” finished the meal knowing he would become terribly ill. But who was he to complain as a VIP guest of the same arid landscape where Angelina Jolie delivered Brad Pitt’s baby?
Spitting out nasty bits of wart hog would be rude to the locals he was dining with.
“The chief is there in front of his whole tribe offering you his very best,” Bourdain said. “Show respect. I’m lucky to be there. I’m lucky to see that. I’m lucky to have that experience. Chewing some antibiotics is a small price to pay.”

S.Shepherd

ok, actually I do like him (except for his antigun comments in the Tx episode)
Maybe I'm a bit envious, not because I secretly wish I could eat warthog anus or fermented shark, but because he travels around the world is seemingly on a never ending party. I really wonder how much he gets paid ? Obviously not as much as his buddy Rachel Ray, they have to get him drunk to get him to dance (I still wouldn't do it..especially on TV. Picture Elaines' dance, but less gracefull)
Atleast the let him eat some good food, unlike that poor bastard Zimmer...
I think the producer gets off on making him eat every typw of animal testical they can find. Andrew, please, don't describe a testical as "creamy" or yack penis as "spongy"

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Good shows for sure. Anthony has some kind of rebellious thing. Maybe its not that. Maybe he doesnt like to be around all the corporate folks at Food Network and the other chefs? Not too sure but something really pissed him off. It does make everything more interesting.

I used to hate the guy because I feel he has a huge chip on his shoulder and feels he is better than other folks, but after I thought about it, I just dont think he likes "suits".

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I think that is part of what appealed to me about him, I am not a suit guy either, LOL.

I like Zimmern as well, but no way I would ever do that job!! LMAO. I am surprised sometimes his crew doesn't spontaneously break out in laughter.

CharlieD

I used to like him a lot but after he kind of, indirectly, put Israel down, my feelings have cooled down.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
.....they have to get him drunk to get him to dance (I still wouldn't do it..especially on TV. Picture Elaines' dance, but less gracefull)

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!

YIKES, S.S.! :yum:

Lee

Last edited:

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I just watched the Chicago show. For a New Yorker, he was really humbled by the Chicago folks!

YeOldeStonecat

I've watched Bourdain since his show came out...still enjoy it.

Zimmer...although I watch him often, I don't enjoy his show as much as Bourdains....he seems to try to "one up" what Bourdain originally started to do...eating odd foods.

Anyone remember Jeff Corwin? He used to be a wildlife guy, imitating Steve Irwin. He just started a show called "Extreme Cuisine" where it appears he's going to try to "one up" Bourdain and Zimmer. Caught my first glimpse of the show last night.

buckytom

Grill Master
i think zimmern and corwin would make a nice couple, in massachusetts.

actually, i watched corwin's show in thailand the other night. some i liked, some sounded like it was done in too many takes, but that's the director's and editor's fault.

Ralphanator

Anyone else what his show No Reservations? I really like the show but his monologue drives me nuts... kinda flat line with little emotion in it.
Anyone else?

LOL One of the things I like about No reservations IS The Monologue! Very Straight forward No fooling around with WTF he saying! I feel Bordain is being very honest with what he seeing tasting and experiencing!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I love the bad boy, rock-n-roll, in your face attitude of Bordain. The man has balls to spare and he has the most fun time enjoying life with gusto--and he gets paid for it! Not a bad gig--my stomach couldn't take it which makes it even better that I get to live vicariously. lol

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Gotta love Anthony Bourdain...he is a bad boy. That's what I like about him. Anybody read his book Kitchen Confidential? Very good read, especially for those of you in the food business.