Queso Flameado Con Chorizo Bam Style

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
this dish is served in most texas Taquería's ... it is simple to make and not for those wishing to watch their health..lol

2 parts shredded cheese (combine any of the following - montery jack,asadero,mozzarella or any smoked white cheese)
1 part Chorizo (can be smoked lightly)

i usually use 2 bags of the 2 cup pkgs and half a chub of chorizo

- cook chorizo - you want some of the meat to be dark almost black in color - keep draining fat off - make sure you get all of the fat

- once chorizo is fully cooked - put it into the bottom of a small glass baking dish - something like a small loaf pan

- put shredded cheese on top that

- bake at 350 until the top is bubbling and the outside of the dish is starting to brown

- serve hot

- to eat this, you simply spoon all that greasy goodness into a warm flour tortilla and maybe serve with some mexican pickled vegetables. works well with roasted garlic as well..

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Bump!!!

Ooooooo, Jeff, I had this at a Mexican restaurant and I SWOONED!!!

So easy to make, too! I'll be making it this season to serve to the neighbors in my back yard as we listen to the Boys of Summer!

EXCELLENT!!! Thanks!

Lee

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
OMG - this stuff is soooo good. I'm unbelievably lucky to live in a city where I can walk a block in any direction and have this. It's to die for. Especially with fresh, hot flour tortillas.