Phyllo tart appetizers

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Here's how I made these simple yet delicious appetizers.

The recipe makes 12 tarts. I made 2 batches, each with a different filling. These were made from things I had on hand. If you have different stuff, change it up.

5 sheets of phyllo
2 tlbs melted butter

Working quickly, brush one sheet of phyllo with butter. Add another sheet and brush on more butter. Continue layering phyllo sheets and butter until used up, ending with butter.

Cut the dough in 12 3-inch squares. Using mini muffin pans, fit one square into each cup.

Spoon the filling into the shells. Chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour before baking.

Preheat oven to 375F. Bake the chilled tarts for 14-16 minutes, or until the tips of the phyllo are just turning golden.

Filling 1:

1 tlbs olive oil
1 small shallot, minced
2 - 4 tlbs roasted red pepper, diced
2 big handfuls fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
3 kalamata olives, chopped

Saute the shallot in the oil until tender. Add peppers and stir until they dry out a bit. Add spinach, and stir over medium heat until wilted. Drain any excess water. Take off heat. Toss in cheese and olives.

Filling 2:

4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
2 - 4 tlbs oil packed sun dried tomatoes, chopped
1 scallion, sliced thinly
1 - 2 tlbs capers

Mix it all together - no cooking!

Attachments

• Hanks bday 002.jpg
    Hanks bday 002.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 530
  • Hanks bday 004.jpg
    Hanks bday 004.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 511
  • Hanks bday 009.jpg
    Hanks bday 009.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 711

lesley

SS, how spooky!! I made filo tarts at the weekend...we were supposed to be BBQing for friends, but as usual it rained so I did these instead:

basket-loaded.jpg

a little parmesan on top

basket-loaded.jpg

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I see asparagus & mushrooms. Are the red pieces peppers or tomatoes? What else ya got in there? They look delicious!

lesley

I see asparagus & mushrooms. Are the red pieces peppers or tomatoes? What else ya got in there? They look delicious!

basket-loaded-no-parmeson.jpg

that's the other picture...now I can't find the "edit" button lol

asparagus, sweet red pepper, red onion & m/rooms x