I need soft buns!

suziquzie

No not a big soft chunky butt I already got one.... :brows:
I want to make Sloppy JOes tomorrow and the buns I usually make for burgers aren't quite soft enough.
I have a dinner roll recipe that is perfect consistency for what I'm looking for but they are a little sweet. Can I just cut the sugar in that recipe a bit and move on as usual?? :unsure:

pugger

For sloppy joes? I'd go get the freshest Kaiser rolls I could get my hands on. Otherwise I prefer toasted w/ mine since they fall apart so much anyway. :thumb:

What is your recipe, if you don't mind my asking, for Sloppy joes?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
How about a good fresh hamburger bun that is what we have always used. I also like mine slightly toasted as they tend to fall apart really living up to there name which I resent.

suziquzie

For sloppy joes? I'd go get the freshest Kaiser rolls I could get my hands on. Otherwise I prefer toasted w/ mine since they fall apart so much anyway. :thumb:

What is your recipe, if you don't mind my asking, for Sloppy joes?

I want to make them myself. I always buy them, but I'm up for attempting another collosal bread failure this week...... :huh:

Here is the Sloppy Joe I use. Very good! DH just uses ketchup, onion, and mustard but I think they're boring. :sorry:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Emilys-Famous-Sloppy-Joes/Detail.aspx

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Oh Lord Suzi!!! I could go so many ways with this!!! But since I don't have any real advice, I'll hush up!!! Hope you find what you are looking for toots!

suziquzie

Yeah no thanks to you basil queen, and your crazy christmas box o goodies I got BIG chunky butt!!!!!!!!

buckytom

Grill Master
sadly mav, they end up rusting.

but fortunately, our eyesight goes at about the same time, so it's all good. :smile:

Lauren

No not a big soft chunky butt I already got one.... :brows:
I want to make Sloppy JOes tomorrow and the buns I usually make for burgers aren't quite soft enough.
I have a dinner roll recipe that is perfect consistency for what I'm looking for but they are a little sweet. Can I just cut the sugar in that recipe a bit and move on as usual?? :unsure:
Suzi
when I make foccacia it calls for 2 teasp of sugar I cut it out and my foccacia turns out perfect..

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
It's essentially a bbq sauce, mini. Which calls for about that proportion of sugar.

Lee
I understand Lee, I was actually responding to Suzie's first question about the bread rolls and the dough she wanted to use.