Um - Hello - Just ran across this

homecook

Oh dear lord!!!! Eggs benedict is my favorite breakfast and this just takes it over the top!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Andy!!! lol

Mimosas would be ideal, Terry......

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Now I love lobster and eggs but 3 tails that weigh a total of about 1 lb I would be a bit pissed. The average lobster I eat goes about 3 lbs so if you have 3 tails that weigh in at 1 lb then they are shorts, and everyone knows shorts are illegal. Other that that I've saved the recipe for future use. :whistling:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Joe - A legal lobster can weigh 1 1/4#. In fact there are folks who say that bigger lobsters are tougher than the smaller ones. Anyway, if you take a 1 1/4# lobster and pull off the claws and body, you would be about there. I don't know the laws where you are. In NJ with your lobster license you get a gauge. You measure from the eye socket to the back of the body, before the tail. If they are shorter than the gauge, they go back in the water.

Ladies - It would be my pleasure.

homecook

Ok Andy, it's a deal. lol

2 parts orange juice to 3 parts champagne. I also like a couple raspberries in the bottom of mine. lol

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Joe - All the dive boats in NJ have lobster licenses in case one of the divers bring up lobsters. I was pulling one out of under a wreck one day and got only the claws. They would not even let me keep them.

Our morning dive was 134' to a sunken freighter named the Algol. Seventy feet to the rigging 134 to the sand. The entire ship is covered in large blue muscles. Fill up a catch basket and take a dip through the hold. If you are lucky, you can geta pretty good sized lobster there. The second dive is 90 feet to a wreck. go all the way to teh bottom and pull a few crabs from underneath. Makes a pretty good Sunday dinner after the dive.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Joe - A legal lobster can weigh 1 1/4#. In fact there are folks who say that bigger lobsters are tougher than the smaller ones. Anyway, if you take a 1 1/4# lobster and pull off the claws and body, you would be about there. I don't know the laws where you are. In NJ with your lobster license you get a gauge. You measure from the eye socket to the back of the body, before the tail. If they are shorter than the gauge, they go back in the water.

Ladies - It would be my pleasure.

I was joking, Andy. A Florida Lobster which I'm real fimilar is different lobster and in my opinion better than the typical Maine Lobster. It is illegal if you measure it for the first joint below the body to the tip of the tail is under 6". Now if you get caught with one below the 6" it would cost you about $1K per bite to eat it, that is if you could get it once in jail. Pretty strict on Florida Lobster which are a different that Maine in that they only have 1 large claw instead of 2. Oh they will bread with each other in captivity but they produce a mule (no sex) offspring so the cross bread dies after one generation. Though I love Maine lobster I would dump one in the garbage in exchange for a fresh caught Florida lobster about 2.5 to 3 lbs. More than 3 lbs they all get a bit tough.

Last edited:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Joe - We could work out a great evening between us. We would never fight over the lobster. I would be happy with my Maine lobster (of which NJ is a major producer) you could enjoy the Florida ones. Could we agree on a plate of mud bugs to finish the evening and a cold one?

Ladies - I am glad mother superior's faith is restored. Otherwise she would have to shed the habit. LOL

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Joe - We could work out a great evening between us. We would never fight over the lobster. I would be happy with my Maine lobster (of which NJ is a major producer) you could enjoy the Florida ones. Could we agree on a plate of mud bugs to finish the evening and a cold one?

Ladies - I am glad mother superior's faith is restored. Otherwise she would have to shed the habit. LOL

You have a deal Andy, I love lobster no matter the species. Hell I even like the African Red Lobster that if larger than 1.5 lbs is like eating a Brillo pad. :yum:

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I'll just take the Mimosa please, that benedict is too rich for my tummy, lol Actually make that two Momosa's!