TGIFriday 12/9/2011 What's on the menu?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Sweet and sour pork and jasmine rice is on the menu for tonight.

Any plans?

lilylove

Re: TGIFriday What's on the menu?

Paul's company party is tonight... so... I'm not sure what they'll serve but it'll be good!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

NY style Pizza is on the menu at our house. Mmmmmmm good.
We buy it at our favorite local pizzeria.

Cooksie

Site Supporter

Potato, Leek, and Ham Soup is up tonight.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Sounds Good...
Uh! unless I missed it?...How'd the Rice Pudding Come Out??
It turned out pretty good. I haven't made it in awhile. Rice pudding is usually more pudding then rice. LOL Mine is a bit brown because we like cinnamon.

Embryodad

It turned out pretty good. I haven't made it in awhile. Rice pudding is usually more pudding then rice. LOL Mine is a bit brown because we like cinnamon.
The recipe I have is More Rice...and Less Pudding... I have to find the recipe.

I will Post it soon.... I just have to look... L O L ...

Uh! peep...your R / P Recipe? Please! DD and DW like more Pudding! and DD loves cinnamon. If you get a chance...no rush!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

The recipe I have is More Rice...and Less Pudding... I have to find the recipe.

I will Post it soon.... I just have to look... L O L ...

Uh! peep...your R / P Recipe? Please! DD and DW like more Pudding! and DD loves cinnamon. If you get a chance...no rush!
Thanks Jimmy.

I will type it up. I went by my hand written recipe when I made it.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter

pizza would be so delish, doc- i haven't gotten pizza- yummy, local pizza- for months. once i ordered 1- uck!
cooksie, thanks for the reminder, i have leeks i hafta use soon. i love potato-leek soup.

i think yesterday's dinner for me (green curry chix stir-fry) or curried chix salad on toasted celllone's bread. i forewent cooking my stir-fry last nite seeing as to how i snacked too much

Embryodad

Peep...I typed the Rice Pudding Recipe and will put it in Desserts Section.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Sweet and sour pork and jasmine rice topped with green onions, sesame seeds and hot chili sesame oil.

120911_sweet_sour_pork.jpg

Nancy-MD

Peep, that looks delicious! I haven't made sweet and sour pork for such a long time. Might have to make some in the near future.

I browned pork cube steaks with lots of onions and garlic, then simmered in a can of undiluted cream of mushroom soup. Had that with fork smashed red potatoes. Took the leftover green beans from yesterday and paired them up with a big carrot that I steamed first.

Attachments

• 12.9.11 cubed pork steaks.jpg
    12.9.11 cubed pork steaks.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 118

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peep, that looks delicious! I haven't made sweet and sour pork for such a long time. Might have to make some in the near future.

I browned pork cube steaks with lots of onions and garlic, then simmered in a can of undiluted cream of mushroom soup. Had that with fork smashed red potatoes. Took the leftover green beans from yesterday and paired them up with a big carrot that I steamed first.
Thank you Nan and Jimmy.

I think my recipe is posted. I added peach preserves and cherry preserves to the sauce.

Your dinner looks great. I would love some of those taters and gravy.

Embryodad

DW wanted this for supper tonight...
She got her wish..

Eggs / Home Fries / Toast ....

Simple and Tasty Supper...

09dc574e.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Truthfully peep...they were great tasting...but inside they were like sandy / grainy. I like the red skin potatoe for home fries. These were ok for mashed...but not the best for home fries.
I used red, yukon, onion and mushrooms the other day.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
so it wasn't chix i thawed- it was meat scraps for making broth, yikes! (i used veal as the other meats were frozen, & figured, 'meh, beef, veal- essentially the same thing. my version of a stir-fry sans rice (veal/carrot/mushrooms/snow peaz/scallion/toasted sesame seeds/garlic/green curry paste,etcetera). i used regular pasta that was in the fridge. (i got rid of my can of coconut milk, darnit- there was a dent in the can.)
& dessert (although i also poured almond milk into that 'lil glass, too, after i took pix)

Attachments

• IMG_1484476.jpg
    IMG_1484476.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1502475.jpg
    IMG_1502475.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 120

Nancy-MD

DW wanted this for supper tonight...
She got her wish..

Eggs / Home Fries / Toast ....

Simple and Tasty Supper...

09dc574e.jpg
I could go for that plate right now as a bedtime snack. It looks so good!
so it wasn't chix i thawed- it was meat scraps for making broth, yikes! (i used veal as the other meats were frozen, & figured, 'meh, beef, veal- essentially the same thing. my version of a stir-fry sans rice (veal/carrot/mushrooms/snow peaz/scallion/toasted sesame seeds/garlic/green curry paste,etcetera). i used regular pasta that was in the fridge. (i got rid of my can of coconut milk, darnit- there was a dent in the can.)
& dessert (although i also poured almond milk into that 'lil glass, too, after i took pix)
That looks real good, luvs.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanx, nancy! your pic got me hungry for comfort food when i saw it, haven't made any in awhile~

Cooksie

Site Supporter

This sounds wonderful cooksie. Is it smoked ham?

It is smoked ham. After Thanksgiving and after Christmas, I can find packages of ham trimmings (a couple of chunks in there, but mostly just slices of ham). They're economical, and they work great for soups and casseroles.