Site Supporter
Re: What are you baking today?

Dee, I can be tempted with those Blindies.:D:a1:

Barb, another great bread entry to the thread.:a1:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

It was a busy day in my kitchen today. I made Italian bread, sandwich rolls, no-knead bread and Oatmeal Raspberry bars using seedless black raspberry jam.

P1020159.jpg

P1020162.jpg

102309BlackRaspberry.jpg

Deelady

Thanks Joe V! And like always you bread looks perfect!!....but I would really like an oatmeal bar right about now!! YUM!

Barb that looks great!! Is that rosemary at the end?

homecook

Thanks Joe V! And like always you bread looks perfect!!....but I would really like an oatmeal bar right about now!! YUM!

Barb that looks great!! Is that rosemary at the end?

Joe, you've created a monster..........I've never baked so much bread in my life. :wink: John and Andrew thank you!!

Thanks Dee! I chopped up rosemary and thyme and sprinkled it all over. My son doesn't care for the onions so I left his without. lol

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

nice looking bread joe!! that looks sooooooooooo good!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

baking_powder_biscuits_102309_P1040561.JPG

butter top baking powder biscuits.

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Thanks for the compliments on the breads. Me and DW took the no-knead bread and some French Onion Soup to a friend who just returned home from the hospital (we have too many friends who have been hospitalized lately), and made up a couple of crocks of soup for her and her daughter for dinner. I used the sourdough no-knead on top of the soup before adding the cheese, and found it interesting that it did not break down and disintegrate like some breads do when put in liquids. It held its shape and still had a nice chewy texture to the crust, despite being submerged in soup for 15-20 minutes while it was eaten. I'll remember to couple this bread and soup as being compatible.

Nice biscuits, Peeps. I'm going to have to make some of those one of these mornings. I love them with sausage and eggs as a sammie.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Thanks for the compliments on the breads. Me and DW took the no-knead bread and some French Onion Soup to a friend who just returned home from the hospital (we have too many friends who have been hospitalized lately), and made up a couple of crocks of soup for her and her daughter for dinner. I used the sourdough no-knead on top of the soup before adding the cheese, and found it interesting that it did not break down and disintegrate like some breads do when put in liquids. It held its shape and still had a nice chewy texture to the crust, despite being submerged in soup for 15-20 minutes while it was eaten. I'll remember to couple this bread and soup as being compatible.

Nice biscuits, Peeps. I'm going to have to make some of those one of these mornings. I love them with sausage and eggs as a sammie.
thank you joe. i used a small biscuit cutter, so if you put a strip of bacon on a plate you can fit about 5 biscuits along the length of the bacon strip. they were 2 bites each. i like to dip in nice runny yolks.

do you know if those covered soup crocks are available online? i did a search and did't find them.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

...do you know if those covered soup crocks are available online? i did a search and did't find them.
DD found them at Bed Bath & Beyond. They were not on their website last time I looked, but were in the store. I would call before driving there. Here's what the box looks like. They were $29.99 less the 20% coupon.

P1020170.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

I made another loaf of sourdough no knead bread this morning, but this one fermented for 16 hours instead of 12 hours. I don't know if the longer fermentation did this or not, but the whole top of the loaf exploded this time. Strange. I'm sure it will be just as tasty as yesterday's loaf.

P1020165.jpg

Check out the shine where the crust blew apart...

P1020168.jpg

I'm bored. It's only 10:00 a.m. and I have nothing to do. Maybe I'll make a batch of cinnamon rolls. Yeah! That's what I'll do.:chef:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter

I'm bored. It's only 10:00 a.m. and I have nothing to do. Maybe I'll make a batch of cinnamon rolls. Yeah! That's what I'll do.:chef:

Bored ?? ....................got garlic ?:lol:

Garlic Bagels !

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Bored ?? ....................got garlic ?:lol:

Garlic Bagels !
Me and bagels do not get along. I leave that to Suzie. She's the queen of bagels.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

DD found them at Bed Bath & Beyond. They were not on their website last time I looked, but were in the store. I would call before driving there. Here's what the box looks like. They were $29.99 less the 20% coupon.

P1020170.jpg
thank you joe.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Made some sourdough no-knead to take to a customer this morning.

P1020174.jpg

suziquzie

I'm going to make JoeV's honey whole wheat bread. The kids decided they like it better for their sandwiches than store bought :)

suziquzie

Me and bagels do not get along. I leave that to Suzie. She's the queen of bagels.

Lol.... thats what FIL calls me too.... my MIL and I both bake at the same place, so it's either Bagel babes or Bagel queens :chef:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

I'm going to make JoeV's honey whole wheat bread. The kids decided they like it better for their sandwiches than store bought :)
I'm humbled to know that. It's very obvious your children have excellent taste.

Remember to take a picture and post it.

AllenOK

Ok, where's the butter? Anybody got any good jam?

Crud. Forget all of that. I'll make some of the Tomato Olive "Butter" sauce and we can dip that gorgeous sourdough into that sauce.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Ok, where's the butter? Anybody got any good jam?

Crud. Forget all of that. I'll make some of the Tomato Olive "Butter" sauce and we can dip that gorgeous sourdough into that sauce.
I toasted some when I got home, slathered it in butter and topped it off with some homemade Amish raspberry jam. Good shtuff! This is also good with some Carrabba's Herb Oil for dipping. Here's a knock-off recipe I use from CDkitchen.com

1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (or as needed)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

I baked cranberry tangerine and nut bread today.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

I made a couple more laoves of sourdough no-knead bread. here's a crumb shot. Check out the size of those holes!

P1020176.jpg

suziquzie

nice joe!!!

more honey whole wheat bread today. it goes fast :)
I need to look into buying flour in larger, cheaper quantities....

Deelady

hey Suzi....is that recipe in the bread section? I may have to dig deeper but I didn't see it. Can you point the way please?? :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.