Incredible Rice Pudding

Ian M.

It's Time For A Yummy Desert That Only Gets Better When You Drizzle It With Molasses Chocolate Sauce!

Ingredients:

2 cups half and half, light cream or whole milk
4 eggs
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup cooked white rice, cooled (Minute Rice works just fine)
4 ounces semisweet chocolate - chopped
1 recipe Molasses Chocolate Sauce

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees

In a large bowl whisk together half and half, cream or milk, eggs, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla. Stir in rice and chocolate. Pour custard mixture into a 2 quart casserole bowl. Place bowl in a 13X9 inch baking dish and carefully pour one inch of boiling water into baking dish.

Bake uncovered in a 325 degree oven for 60 to 65 minutes or until a knife inserted near center of custard comes out clean.

Serve pudding warm with warm Molasses Chocolate Sauce

Molasses Chococlate Sauce

In a small saucepan combine 1/4 cup packed brown sugar and 1 tbls. cornstarch. Stir in 1/3 cup of water, 2 tbls. chocolate flavoured syrup and 1 tbls. molasses. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly - about 2 minutes. Cool slightly before serving over rice pudding.

This desert is terrific! Enjoy! :chef:

chilefarmer

We always have left over rice. What a great idea with the chocolate and the sauce. Copied and gonna try. Thanks CF

Shermie

Site Supporter
Rice pudding is one of those things that I just can't eat. Never liked it! :puke1:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Here is another you might like. As a matter of fact it was my grandmother's recipe she gave me. Love the stuff and not a fan of rice pudding usually.

My Grandmother's Rice Pudding

Ingredients:
1 cups long grain white rice
1/2 teaspoon of Kosher salt
4 cups of Half and Half
1 cup of white raisins (soaked in 2 tbs of dark rum for adults or warm water for kids)
1/2 cup of sugar
1 whole egg beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
4 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon of Creme of Tatar
4 tablespoons of powdered sugar

Direction:

Cook the rice in salted 2 cups of half & half until rice is done.

Once rice is done add balance of Half & Half, 1/2 cup of sugar, beaten egg, vanilla extract and cinnamon mix and allow to simmer until it thicken. Add raisins to thickened rice with juice. Stir and put into a bowl.

Beat egg whites, creme of tater until you get soft peaks. Add the powder sugar 1 tablespoon at a time and beat still stiff meringue forms. Now add the meringue to the rice mixture and fold gently. Now fill glasses or other serving bowls and refrigerate till read to eat. If you wish you can sprinkle some cinnamon on top as well as a little whipped creme just before serving.

Ian M.

Sounds mighty good, Joe - rice pudding the way it's meant to be made, with the cinnamon in it and the raisins. My family just loves chocolate which is the reason the recipe with the molasses chocolate sauce really appealed to them all. Rice pudding just about any way you make it is always special, in my book. It's the second best possible way to eat rice - the first, of coarse, being with fried chicken and lots of chicken gravy!

Ian

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Sounds mighty good, Joe - rice pudding the way it's meant to be made, with the cinnamon in it and the raisins. My family just loves chocolate which is the reason the recipe with the molasses chocolate sauce really appealed to them all. Rice pudding just about any way you make it is always special, in my book. It's the second best possible way to eat rice - the first, of coarse, being with fried chicken and lots of chicken gravy!

Ian

I like the Asian ways also of serving rice also but then I love rice.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I love rice pudding and tried it a couple of times, many years ago. Must have been something wrong with the recipe I was attempting, since it never gelled.

I'd like to give it another shot and your recipe looks easy enough, Ian!

Thanks!

Lee

Ian M.

Morning, Lee - Oh yes, it certainly is very simple to make and chocolate into the bargain. What more can one ask for? Hey, if I can make it turn out okay - well, it must, then, be the eptome of simplistic cooking! Good luck and enjoy every morsel.

Ian :whistling: