You liked these shows as a kid... but now...

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
You find em cheesy, LOL. I can remember in college going to our friend Carla's dorm room (she had a single so no room mates to bug us) to get all set up for the newest episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
It would be her, me, DW (just a friend at the time), and a couple of other friends of ours. We would get pizza, chips, dip, and pop. It was a huge deal for all of us.
Now, when I watch the show, some episodes are still good, but a lot of them seem cheesy now!

Some I loved as a kid but now can't believe I loved em:
Buck Rodgers
Wonder Woman
Charlies Angels
The Six Million Dollar Man
The Bionic Woman
The Fall Guy
BJ and The Bandit
Magnum PI
Simon and Simon
The A Team
to name a few, LOL

Some I still like:
The original Star Trek
The original Battlestar Galactica
MASH
Hogans Heroes
Trapper, MD
Sanford and Son
The Jeffersons

That is all I can think of right now. Anyone else?

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I LOVED wonder woman and the bionic woman
six million dollar man
charlies angels, ugh, lol, I think every little girl wanted to be farrah fawcett
chips
happy days
laverne and shirley
good times
welcome back carter
dukes of hazzard
land of the lost
mork and mindy
little house on the prairie
threes company
the ropers

lilylove

That's a pretty good list Mav.

We were just trying to remember what Magnum PI was called last night... rememeber all the details but not the name! Thanks!!!

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
zee plane boss..........zee plane!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL how many dreamed of going there?????????lol I wish I still had those kids dreams!!

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Buck Rodgers
Wonder Woman
Charlies Angels
The Six Million Dollar Man
The Bionic Woman
The Fall Guy
BJ and The Bandit
Magnum PI
Simon and Simon
The A Team

yeah that pretty much nails it. You must be around my age - 38.
The Fall Guy and Buck Rogers are just brutal. Just the worst. I havent seen Wonder Woman in the last 25 years so I cant comment on that except to say I think it would tragic to watch. Now the Bionic Woman.... Lindsay Wagner was HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
LOL I can't believe I remembered that many! And Stacy just reminded me of a bunch of others! And you're remembering Magnum PI reminded me of Quincy, MD. I have no idea why, but it did! LOL.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I guess I'm a little older...Laugh-In, Sonny and Cher, The Ed Sullivan Show, WKRP in Cincinnati, The Odd Couple, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, All in The Family, The Bob Newhart Show, Welcome Back Cotter, Taxi...

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I guess I'm a little older...Laugh-In, Sonny and Cher, The Ed Sullivan Show, WKRP in Cincinnati, The Odd Couple, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, All in The Family, The Bob Newhart Show, Welcome Back Cotter, Taxi...

Oh I remember a lot of those! Loved taxi.. someone posted a YouTube video of the crazy guy taking the DMV test, LOL. And Danny DeVito was funny in it as well, and Andy Kaufman!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Boy I'm dating myself but do remember watching the originals

As an adult I watched:
Star Trek the original
Gun Smoke also remember it from the radio
Paladin
Wanted Dead Alive
Peter Gunn
77 Sunset Strip
Surf Side 6
Rawhide
John Ringo
Mr. Lucky
The Man from Uncle
I Spy
The Avengers (Ms. Peal to die for)
Perry Mason
The Honeymooner's
I Love Lucy
You Bet Your Life
The Milton Berle Show
Ed Sullivan
Bonanza
The Twilight Zone
Alfred Hitchcock

As a kid we only had 4 hours daily and the kids shows on for 4 hours on Saturday.
Howdy Duddie
Winki Dink
Captain Midnight
Cartoons of course, such as Popeye, The Road Runner, Mighty Mouse
Super Man
Friday Night Fights with my grand father
Flicka
Rin Tin Tin
Lassie
Micky Mouse Club ( had major hots for Annette even after she grew up making beach movies that sucked.)
Some Miami Local shows such as Skipper Chuck and the Dungeon (horror shows).

I've also caught many of the others listed by Mav with Mash being among my favorites. I also like all the Star Trek stuff that has been done but then I love good Sci Fi as well as Fantasy and period pieces.

I'm sure I also left out a few shows that I just don't remember the titles off at this time.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito

GREAT SHOWS!!!!!! Taxi was the best.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I like Barney Miller too with Abe Vigotta, flat hysterical show.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
My favorite cartoon movie was rikki tikki tavi
rtt.jpg

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Starsky and Hutch, loved that car! But what was the one with the Mongoose's that were always fighting and killing the cobras??

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

I grew up on ALL of these as well! I'm 38, but Mom and Grandma had these going all the time. I actually really enjoyed WKRP! I still joke today about Les Nessman and his "walls"!! :yum:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yes WKRP brings up Loni Anderson, another dream girl. I still laugh about the turkey show.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I see no mention of Dukes of Hazard, Knight Rider, Air Wolf, The Incredible Hulk, and Master Ninja with Lee Van Cleef.

Although, I can still watch The Incredible Hulk series today. :lol: