Pepper and Garlic Salt Encrusted Prime Rib

Ross in Ventura

I haven't posted for a wile, I had a bout of Congestive Heart Failure all is well now I'm on the mend.
We were invited to Jackie's niece for Christmas dinner they asked if I would cook a Prime Rib on the Egg our hole family loves the way I do it.
432383a6.jpg

8.51-lb. Angus Rib Roast
7a2daac7.jpg

2 C Pepper, 2 C Garlic Salt, and 2 C Water mix well and apply to the Roast
327ebfb3.jpg

With the crust on Roast on a rack with onions, celery, and carrots, and Red Wine
9acbfa5b.jpg

On the Egg indirect @325* for 17-min. to 20-min. a LB.
202f9028.jpg

Pulled @ 125* interior it well still cook as we travel for 45-min.
80b05cba.jpg

c83462af.jpg

Ready for the crowed, this turned out to be the best perfectly cook

Thanks for looking

Recipe : http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_recipes&Itemid=71&func=detail&id=1026

Ross

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow!!!! :wow: I can sure see why they love it. :clap: :clap: :clap: Dang that look fantastic.
Great to see you posting again Ross. Sorry to hear about your battle with congestive heart failure but sure glad you are better and back at it. Take care my friend. :flowers:

Note: Ross I tried your link and I am not authorized to see that. Can you post any of the missing info here? TIA

Ross in Ventura

Here it is Doc Description: This Crusted Prime Rib is sealed in with lots of flavor I cooked it New Years eve.
Ingredients:
1 8lb.Prime Rib
2C Black Pepper
2C Garlic Salt
Water
Instructions:
Mix Black Pepper and Garlic Salt in a bowl add Water to make a paste.
Cover the entire Prime Rib with the Paste.
Pre heat the Egg to 325 deg indirect, platesetter legs up, drip pan on the platesetter, Prime Rib on the Grid.
Roast for 17-20min. per Lb. Pull at 130* internal for med rare let rest for 30-min.
Take off the Crust then carve.

Enjoy,

Ross

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome back, Ross - I missed you and your wonderful posts!

So glad you are feeling better!

That beef looks fantastic!

Lee

Guts

looks good. Ross we had prime rib than the traditional, Rosemary and thyme, garlic slivers way for Christmas.

Glad you're feeling better. I'm assuming you had a bypass surgery for your Congestive Heart Failure. I went in the hospital a week ago last Friday to have my heart shocked back into rhythm (, I was in A-Fib) glad you're feeling better. Take care

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Ross, great to see you back. Glad you are on the way to recovery.

The roast looks great. There is something so right about it.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
woahhhhhhhhh. that's one handsome roast! the seasoning, the cooking, the carved meat- perfection. imagining the aroma & juciness of that roast now.

stay healthy, you, 'kay~

Ross in Ventura

:wow: That really looks good!
Thanks Cooksie

Ross
Welcome back, Ross - I missed you and your wonderful posts!

So glad you are feeling better!

That beef looks fantastic!

Lee
Thanks Lee

Ross
looks good. Ross we had prime rib than the traditional, Rosemary and thyme, garlic slivers way for Christmas.

Glad you're feeling better. I'm assuming you had a bypass surgery for your Congestive Heart Failure. I went in the hospital a week ago last Friday to have my heart shocked back into rhythm (, I was in A-Fib) glad you're feeling better. Take care
I'm glad you are better as well

Ross

Ross in Ventura

Ross, great to see you back. Glad you are on the way to recovery.

The roast looks great. There is something so right about it.
Thanks Adillo

Ross
Wow!!!!! That,my goodness, is a thing of beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Paymaster

Ross
woahhhhhhhhh. that's one handsome roast! the seasoning, the cooking, the carved meat- perfection. imagining the aroma & juciness of that roast now.

stay healthy, you, 'kay~
Thanks luvs

Ross

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Geez, Guts! Welcome back to YOU, too!

Glad you are sticking around with us!!

Feel better?

Lee

Guts

Geez, Guts! Welcome back to YOU, too!

Glad you are sticking around with us!!

Feel better?

Lee

I'm sorry Lee I just saw this because of the new reply. I've always been around lurking just haven't had much time to post as I'm still putting some finishing details into my new pantry where the old furnace was. last weekend I finished the drywall and hung the door, this coming weekend. I have baseboard and paint. I absolutely hate to paint!! But my father once told me son (In life there are things you just don't want to do. But you have to do them anyway) so this weekend I paint . Yuck!
After the electro cardioversion I have been feeling better and better. I go back to the Dr. on the 27th to do and EKG to see if my heart is still in sinus rhythm. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will stay there. Thank you for asking.
Kim