A revolutionary idea for recipe format - cooking for engineers

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I wasn't sure where to post this, so correct me, Mods, if I have it in the wrong place. I ran across this website while googling for a recipe and had to share it with you all. http://www.cookingforengineers.com/recipe/230/Macaroni-and-Cheese-Bake

This particular recipe is for mac and cheese (sounds very good!), but the remarkable thing about it (and all the recipes on this site) is at the bottom of the page. Look at how the recipe is presented!

Those of you with highly analytical minds should really enjoy this.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I do, too. As a matter of fact, I think it makes perfect sense. There are alot of very good recipes on the site, and most have a series of good comments.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
See, I can never understand why the mac and cheese is baked when the stuff is perfectly delicious when you mix it all together. Baking just makes the top hard and dries it out.

But that recipe mixture looks very soupy before baking, so it makes sense.

(Can you tell I am not a mac and cheese expert?) :smile:

Great link, Karen!

Lee

abi_csi

That's a real good recipe presentation - the science of it reminds me of Heston Blumenthal, a British chef who is also a bit of a food scientist.

Norm

I have a Chinese recipes cookbook set up sort of like that. It lists ingredients by letter: ie A. followed by a group of ingredients... B. another group, C.etc. then the directions are to do such and such with A, add B, do some more stuff, add C and so forth.

bunyap

Norm, I love it when you speak French! By the way, WHAT is that picture? I like your cat and dog better because I know what it is/ lol

Norm

I'll change it pretty soon. It is a gargoyle that I sculpted for a friend who built a castle in his back yard. He put this one in an arch on the path leading up to the upper part of the castle.

Here is a long shot of the arch

Photo11of24_2.jpg

And here are a couple of the castle
dons.jpg

castlebridge.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
:w00t::w00t::w00t:

That castle is incredible Norm, I want it!! You sculpted that gargoyle? It's magnificent! I want it too! You're very talented!!!

mhend

Norm that really is awesome!! I collect gargoyles - have them all around my tub! Love them! Your work is gorgeous!

Nancy-MD

Norm I didn't realize you made the gargoyle in your avatar. Kudos, really.

And that recipe for engineers, well now I know why I'm not an engineer! LOL