Whats cooking Sunday February 14, 2010 (Valentines Day)?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I'm not sure if we are going out to eat or if I am making steaks or pasta.

what about you?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I've got a rump roast I've gotta do something with...........maybe pot roast, maybe in the crockpot............

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I've got a rump roast I've gotta do something with...........maybe pot roast, maybe in the crockpot............
i like to make pot roast, beef veggie soup or stew out of rump or bottom round roast. sounds yummy either way!! can't wait to see what you make.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I've got everything in-house for a pot roast, so that's probably what'll happen.:thumb:

Rumproast.jpg

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Started out early this morning making chicken soup, and will make twice-baked potatoes and bacon wrapped fillets from Omaha Steak. Also making cinnamon rolls. Just another ordinary Sunday.:whistling:

Chickensoup021410.jpg

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Right now, my eyeball feels like there's an ice pick in it...but eventually I'm making

Grilled eggplant slices with ricotta cheese and sauteed tomatoes

Roasted duck with mushroom marsala glaze, pesto mashed potatoes and sauteed carrots with sugar snap peas.

Dessert is bananas foster creme brulé

Blues Man

I'm taking my wife out to eat today. Here are some pics of my Valentine's dinner for some friends last night. Gravlax, spinich salad with stawberries and toasted pecans and spicy baked shrimp scampi.
100_1104.jpg

100_1107.jpg

100_1109.jpg

suziquzie

I have a Valentine ham in the oven and some au gratin potatoes....
Ham because it's pink for legogirl, and the only meat middle son will eat these days :)

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Our grocery store sold out of lobster tails :ohmy:, so it's going to be scallops and king crab. That's what I get for waiting until today :bonk:.

vyapti

I've got a loaf of bread in the oven and I'm about ready to start some soup. So it'll be potato chowder and grilled cheese. Good food for a cold, wet day.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We had dinner at our favorite steak house. NY strip steak perfectly grilled to medium, mushroom caps and a salad. Yummy!!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I actually followed through on everything I had planned. Bacon wrapped Omaha Steaks fillet mignon, twice baked potatoes and broccoli tossed in butter and garlic. Dessert was butter cream frosted cinnamon rolls. I also made the sticky buns for an event DW is participating in tomorrow. The soup I made this morning is for that also.

P1020557.jpg

P1020549.jpg

P1020551.jpg

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
I'd love one of those cinnamon rolls right now !!!

I made a sweet and sour shrimp soup, baked whole fish, golden beets, and sugar snap peas. We were away this morning, so no bread or, alas, dessert :(

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I'd love one of those cinnamon rolls right now !!!

I made a sweet and sour shrimp soup, baked whole fish, golden beets, and sugar snap peas. We were away this morning, so no bread or, alas, dessert :(
I'll share my bread and cinnys with you. Help yourself.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Everyone's stuff looks so great!

Lucky, does the Warden have a recipe for Apple Dapple? If she does, would you please post it in "Cakes"?

And Andy, do you have a posted recipe for the paella? What are the round, yellow things - corn or chickpeas?

Lee

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
We had a couple of pot roasts with potatoes and carrots. A cold front with heavy wind started blowing through this evening and this really hit the spot.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Lee - Here is the Paella recipe that I used.

http://www.paellapans.com/Paella-Recipe-Chicken-a/141.htm

I really did not vary from it. I have also made their seafood Paella to rave reviews.

The only cooks notes that I would add are that they have you saute the red peppers and then remove the skins. I would fire roast them as Vera suggested a and remove the skins first. It would be a lot easier. Instead of 1" strips I made my peppers about 1/2" wide and avout an inch long.