My latest tile project

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I've been MIA this last week because I have been tiling my daughter's bathroom. She decided to go with larger tiles set on the diagonal. Wow - that is a whole different animal! Makes me admire you even more, JoeV! (I recall being so inspired by a shower you did set on the diagonal.) Anyway - I am almost done with the tub surround and then will start on the floor.

BTW - thank you, thank you, thank you, Love2Q!! You sent me a tip once about fast-setting thin set - that stuff is amazing! I don't think I could have done this without it.

Attachments

• mandybath1.jpg
    mandybath1.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 101
  • mandybath2.jpg
    mandybath2.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 105
  • mandybath3.jpg
    mandybath3.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 102
  • mandybath4.jpg
    mandybath4.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 108
  • mandybath5.jpg
    mandybath5.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 104

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Thanks, TG! It's been a lot of fun and since I'm unpaid labor - I have no real deadline. LOL

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I love tile. Hubby use to do it, but, stopped when he's knees got bad. He was really good at it. I miss my old house that had tile in the bathroom and kitchen. I really like the ones you picked out. Very versatile for decorating the bathroom.

That looks Fab! I have to go out today & look at flooring tiles for the bathroom. Had a guy give me an estimate; & the price was $800-$3,000. I'm choking. Wish you'd come out here & do mine. ;-)

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
My daughter picked out the tiles by sending me phone pics while at Lowes. The bathroom is relatively small and I am pleased to see that the larger tiles actually make it look bigger! She is putting this house on the market and since there are quite a few in her neighborhood listed, we're hoping that the upgraded baths and kitchen will make hers stand out. Keep your fingers crossed.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
That looks Fab! I have to go out today & look at flooring tiles for the bathroom. Had a guy give me an estimate; & the price was $800-$3,000. I'm choking. Wish you'd come out here & do mine. ;-)
Really??? OMG! I think DD got the tile on sale so the floor and the tub surround cost her about $350 total in supplies and tile.

It would be so much fun to do yours with you, CC! Wouldn't we have a blast?

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
The tile will definitely up the value. My fingers are crossed for a quick sale!!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
When you get done Terry I have a job for you re-tiling my kitchen and 1 of our 3 bathrooms. Great job there kid. :clap:

Lefty

Yank
Very nice job. I want to do one of those jobs, but I would rather help some one do one first before I do my own. You have quite the eye for it.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
More looking for pratical work skills, 5 bathrooms & two kitchens that may need tiling.

Deelady

Wow, great job!!! Is there anything you CAN'T do??? :) :) What a great role model you are! No job too big to do yourself when you put your mind to it! :thumb:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Terry, you and Barb can come work with me anytime. Fine job, and it's nice to see you paid attention to the corner transitions. That makes the difference between #1 work and everything else. Diagonal work definitely takes more attention to detail, the most important being the placement of the first tile. After that, it's easy.:tongue::tongue:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Wow! Y'all sure know how to make a person feel good!!! I have enjoyed learning to tile. There are sooo many really good videos and how-to's on the net that make the learning curve much less steep.

Joe - I am delighted you noticed the attention to the "wrap-around". I have you to thank for that. You have no idea how many hours I spent studying the pics you posted of that amazing shower you did with the handmade tiles.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I didn't even think of the corners. I do when I tile, though.

Great job.

No Dee, I can't think of much she doesn't do.

FooD

Wow....that is fantastic work, FM. Very clean work.
One of these days I've got to do similar work in our master bathroom.