45.7 KB · Views: 125
  • lb2.jpg
    lb2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 121

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh my gosh, I use my little bowls for all kinds of things!

- Mise en place

- I split up dips into small bowls to have with chips, so people don't have to keep getting up

- Leftovers

- I put juicy salads in small bowls like that and place the bowls on the big dinner plates. In case people don't want their salads running into their entree. Cole slaw, cucumber salads, tomato salads, etc.

- Condiment dishes for the table

- I've never done this, but you could use them as finger bowls

Lee

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I believe they are meant for holding stuff in them. I would fill them with stuff that would fit in them.

Hope this helps.:whistling::whistling::bonk::bonk:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
Oh my gosh, I use my little bowls for all kinds of things!

- Mise en place

- I split up dips into small bowls to have with chips, so people don't have to keep getting up

- Leftovers

- I put juicy salads in small bowls like that and place the bowls on the big dinner plates. In case people don't want their salads running into their entree. Cole slaw, cucumber salads, tomato salads, etc.

- Condiment dishes for the table

- I've never done this, but you could use them as finger bowls

Lee
That's a good idea Lee.
As with you, I've never used "finger bowls", and wouldn't dream of it.
Not in my simple laid back house lol
Guests would think I was nuts.
Oh wait.. forget I said that..:ohmy::yum:
Actually, I was wondering if they were supposed to be used as, or could be used as serving an oriental soup with a meal.
Guess I'm stupid when it comes to things like this.
I'll use them well in the future for whatever.

chowhound

They remind me of those little bowls they drink sake out of in the movies, but I imagine those are technically different... and since I don't drink sake anyway, they look like they would hold Grey Goose, too :^D
One of those would be perfect for holding the rub mixture I put on chicken.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
They look like Japanese Tea Bowls to me. But as everyone else said, use them as you see fit. I've got several little bowls like that which I use for Mise en place, and it makes things so much easier!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Sake sets are a bit smaller, like shot glasses. I've got two sets of this style. Love Sake!

2gtx7k9.jpg

Although, in some old King-Fu movies, you would see the heavy drinkers hitting the Sake out of Tea Bowls! YEAH! :lol:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks everyone..
Fred,Susan and Keltin-- you may be right.
Thanks again.

chowhound

Sake sets are a bit smaller, like shot glasses. I've got two sets of this style. Love Sake!
Although, in some old King-Fu movies, you would see the heavy drinkers hitting the Sake out of Tea Bowls! YEAH! :lol:

Yeah, I knew I wouldn't hit the nail right on the head, close though.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
I'd like to add that I am sorry if some/most of my pics look green and/or fuzzy.
I am not here to show any sort of perfection when it comes to posting ANY pics.
This was a fast shot in bad lighting in order to ask a question.
Besides that, I don't think a lot of my recent photos have been THAT bad.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I'd like to add that I am sorry if some/most of my pics look green and/or fuzzy.
I am not here to show any sort of perfection when it comes to posting ANY pics.
This was a fast shot in bad lighting in order to ask a question.
Besides that, I don't think a lot of my recent photos have been THAT bad.

Who's complaining???

Let me at 'em!!

I'll take a pic, ANY PIC, in a post over just plain text. Yeah.....I'm a pic whore. :yum::yum::yum::yum:

Your pics are fine and get the point across perfectly. Don't stop!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
Who's complaining???

Let me at 'em!!

I'll take a pic, ANY PIC, in a post over just plain text. Yeah.....I'm a pic whore. :yum::yum::yum::yum:

Your pics are fine and get the point across perfectly
. Don't stop!
THANK YOU!!!
:tongue::smile:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Depending on the size which I not real sure of from the picture but they look like Japanese rice bowls to me. I have several and use them for everything I need a bowl for even holding prepared ingredients for cooking.

chowhound

Green and fuzzy?
I have a braille monitor. I didn't notice.
:yum::yum::yum:

ok, so your pics are only worth 999 words. Who cares? It was a lot easier that trying to describe them. :wink:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
BTW - Great find on those bowls. Nice score!

So many uses. Since you have 4, they would be great for serving toppings on Taco Night. A bowl of cheese, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, and refried beans. Taco shells on a platter, shredded lettuce in a larger bowl, meat in a covered bowl, and bottles of sauce......a regular buffet at the table.

Great for condiments like dipping sauces for wings, ketchup for fries, etc. So much you can do!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
Depending on the size which I not real sure of from the picture but they look like Japanese rice bowls to me. I have several and use them for everything I need a bowl for even holding prepared ingredients for cooking.
Thanks Joe!
Now we've come to the conclusion that they are in fact, of an oriental nature.
Maybe I'll use them for sweet and sour soup or something like that next time I have the girls over.:a1:

joec

Gold Site Supporter

So many uses. Since you have 4, they would be great for serving toppings on Taco Night. A bowl of cheese, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, and refried beans. Taco shells on a platter, shredded lettuce in a larger bowl, meat in a covered bowl, and bottles of sauce......a regular buffet at the table.

Great for condiments like dipping sauces for wings, ketchup for fries, etc. So much you can do!

Yes and I do agree Keltin. One never has enough of this size bowl.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
Green and fuzzy?
I have a braille monitor. I didn't notice.
:yum::yum::yum:

ok, so your pics are only worth 999 words. Who cares? It was a lot easier that trying to describe them. :wink:

:yum:

Excellent!
See? I am learning so much tonight! lol

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
They look a bit like the bowls at our local Chinese for you to eat from. They put the dishes on the table and you then serve yourself into the bowls and eat from them - stops you being too piggy.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
By the size, I think they are tea bowls, too. I have a lot of them because they are just so pretty. I use them for mise en place, for dipping sauces, for condiments, and to float small flowers in beside each plate when I'm having guests. I have also used them for burning those small incense cones in. Great find, Sass!

Bilby

To me, they look like the little bowls that you have when you go to dim sum, and they are accompanied by a tea cup, plate and chopsticks rest.

At home, I would use them as said earlier, for mis en place or to crack an egg into before adding to a batter, etc. Dipping sauce bowls too.