Bought new cell phone.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i have a smart phone...Samsung Galaxy Prevail...its in heavy use and i get at least a whole day out of it..depending if i am using it as my only net surfer

Shermie

Site Supporter
MetroPCS's website is down - Again!

Just checked to see if they stopped my service with them, but I can't get in there.

And even when it WAS working, I STILL couldn't get in, forcing me to have to pay the bill at one of their outlets, which in turn charges their members an extra $3 just to pay the bill in the stores!!

And the local neighborhood outlets won't take a check or plastic!!! Cash only!!!!!

I'm so glad that I left them now!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
A friend of mine, her daughter paid just under $400 for an android / smart phone that she bought from MetroPCS!!

The phone is quite large and has features galore - every gadget know to mankind, which is kind of a good thing!

She can take pics and afterwards, make them smaller or larger with the touch screen feature. The phone also has a GPS navigation feature. Every gadget known to mankind!!!!!

Except for one thing; All of those high-tech features, bells & whistles eat up the phone's memory, which in turn, eats up astronomicall amounts of battery power!! Plus, she's on the phone practically all day, doing something with it, which forces her to have to recharge the battery about every 4-1/2 hours!!!

That right there, is what turned me away from ever wanting to get one of those types of phones!!! Went through that crap already, been there, done that, don't like it!!!!

Last edited:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I can do most of.that on my cheap android. Lol

Sure battery life is not the best but batteries are cheap and most cells original battery can be replaced with a better one that extends usage.

That's why they say variety is the spice of life. With so many options these days, there is a device somewhere that suits our own needs. Mine just happen to be Samsung products, they have served me well.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I have a Droid Incredible with all of those features. There are APs galore. I love the GPS and internet features. My battery usually lasts a full day without having to recharge it but I'm not a teenager and don't stay on it all day long either.:lol: I have noticed that the GPS does suck up the battery but it's really not a big deal, I have a charger at home and carry a car charger in the car. I got mine for $79 when I extended my contract with Verizon.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
the hinge on my 9 year old flip phone broke.

so I walked into the Sprint store and said:
"I want a dumb phone."

they didn't quite know what to say . . .

I've been "suffering" with an HTC - Android I think - in a business capacity.
it has switches on both sides and the top.
you cannot even pick the thing up without 'invoking' something.
turn it off for the night (it's a business hours thing....) when you turn it back on half the settings have decided to change themselves. like turning the ringer volume to 'mute' - that really gets your day off good - about noon you discover you've missed 20 calls.

after a phone call, I have to very carefully hold it until it 'times out' and goes blank.
otherwise any button that contacts anything in your pocket 'redials' people - at random; never know who it's going to call.

if I press "back" it goes to random places.
if I press "home" it goes to random functions.
if I don't press anything it still does funny stuff - apparently random cosmic rays make it do funny things.

all I can say is these smart phones ain't to dratted smart.

I like dumb phones.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I just want a cell phone that I can call AAA or 911 if I need to.

So far, I have not found one that will do just that.

Lee

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I just want a cell phone that I can call AAA or 911 if I need to.

So far, I have not found one that will do just that.

Lee

Boost sells a cheap $20 disposable phone. Its a Walmart exclusive phone.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Disposable?

So far, my Sanyo Innuendo phone from Boost Mobile is working out very well.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I just saw that ad on TV a little while ago.

And you're right, they DID raise the price of it to $29.99!

I tried that Tracphone service before, and didn't like it at all. Bought it from Best Buy when they had it. They were at first refusing to take it back, claiming that I talked on it for over an hour!! But after looking further into it, it WAS proven that I never talked on it at all, b/c I could never get a connection or signal. So they HAD to talke it back and refund my money.

I like the 2-year replacement plan with the Boost Mobile phone. It's covered under Radio Shack's return policy, which means that if the phone is ever lost, broken or stolen, Radio Shack will issue me a certificate, which can be used to get another cell phone.

Unlike Metro's plan, which had me getting the exact same phone if something were to happen with the original one. Without any coverage from them, you're stuck with the phone. They won't even replace it!!! You have to buy another one from them! I've lost too much money because of them!! Their phones are all too crappy now!

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
i have a smart phone...Samsung Galaxy Prevail...its in heavy use and i get at least a whole day out of it..depending if i am using it as my only net surfer

Is that phone through MetroPCS?

I remember one with that name that they are offering.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
No its issued through boost mobile. Straight talk from Walmart offers a phone exactly like it now, same internals, same case but different name/model.

Shermie

Site Supporter
The names are slightly different, but yes, BOTH phones are offered by Boost Moble AND MetroPCS and they look the same.

Just like that piece of crap phone that I bought from MetroPCS in October. I saw the same one under a different name in blue, offered by Sprint on their website.

I knew to stay away from THAT one because it's the same thing! Same can, different label!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
My Sanyo Innuendo and Boost Mobile are still working out very well for me so far! No complaints at all!!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I am about to change my boost phone. It has been acting up because I kind of dropped it about 40 times. LOL

I want to get an HTC Evo and switch it over ;)

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

Shermie

Site Supporter
I've been very careful not to drop this one.

But yeah, they can only take but so many times being accidentally dropped.

I think that I made a wise choice in switching over to a new service provider and new phone! I truly like the phone's sleek design and features.

And it gives me the feeling of using a slider phone because of the way that it is uniquely styled! And the battery power lasts for at least about 2 days before it has to be recharged again, something that MetroPCS just can't & won't guarrantee any more with their newer phones!

The reliable quality that was once in their equipment and service just isn't there any more. They've gone by the wayside I hate them so much that I hope they go out of business!!!

Last edited:

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
This is exactly what I have.

images

Pay as I go. No extra bill and I love it.

Shermie

Site Supporter
This is exactly what I have.

images

Pay as I go. No extra bill and I love it.

That one may work for you, but I don't like that plan with AT&T's GO Phone service.

Had it before switching over to MetroPCS. Now done with THEM as well!

It was costing me too much money to stay with AT&T's Go Phone service, and the only thing that I got was caller ID, call waiting and 3-way dialing. Eaveryhing else, the free nightly & weekend minutes and other incentives were all taken away!!

And they were also charging me $1 each & every day for the first call made or received! Now, $1 might not sound like much, but add it up. And even if I called someone and couldn't get through, I was STILL friggen charged $1 for that attempted call!!!

On average, it was costing me over a whopping $80 a month for that prepaid service! That was close to $100 a month, I found out after I did the math!!

Both them and MetroPOS are cash cows!! Two so-called providers whom I will NEVER go back to ever again!!!

The most recent phone that I bought from MetroPOS was the reason for me not wanting to be with them any more. Who ever hear of battery power in a cellular phone lasting for only a few hours before the battery has to be charged again?!!!:brows:

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Just bought this one Sunday when we went with Verizon family plan with our son and his GF. DW got the white unit so they wouldn't get mixed up. We're an Apple family with iPads, Mac Books, a MacBook Pro, iPods, Apple stock and now iPhones. It's neat how everything talks to each other without having to go back to school for a master's degree in cell phone.:mrgreen:

iphone-4-top-new-1.jpg

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
iPhone family here also. I've had the iphone since it first came out. I am hooked on it. I looked into getting a droid last August when my contract was up, but after comparing the iPhone was what I decided to stay with. only problem was I got it BEFORE the latest 4s version came out. No prob, nothing that special on the newer one. I do not need syri to talk to me. :yum:

Now my son and his wife and my wife all have iphones. No worries about getting them mixed up as we all have different wallpaper and covers so you can tell right away if it's someone elses phone.

80 dollars a month for a throw away is crazy. you can have an iphone for less than that (with a 2 year contract).

Shermie

Site Supporter
Nice, but looks like too many bells & whistles for me! I'll probably NEVER get to use all that suff in there!!

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
:yum:

80 dollars a month for a throw away is crazy. you can have an iphone for less than that (with a 2 year contract).

My credit is not up to parr, which makes it virtually inpossible for me to sign up with a provider offering a 2-year contract without putting up ridiculously high collateral first.

I can still get a provider with a 2-year contract, but they want $500 up front because of my credit, and I am not about to fork up that much money just to get a 2-year contract / plan .

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I have a throw away phone. Was paying $50/ month unlimited everything. It went down to $45 two months ago. In 4 months it will go.down to $40.

I was an iPhone guy until AT&T made me angry and I swore I would never give them anymore money. I went to android and won't go back now.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I have a throw away phone. Was paying $50/ month unlimited everything. It went down to $45 two months ago. In 4 months it will go.down to $40.

I was an iPhone guy until AT&T made me angry and I swore I would never give them anymore money. I went to android and won't go back now.

My first $5 deduction is coming up in June or July. I've made 3 on-time payments so far with this month's payment already made. It'll be deducted and paid from the account on the 25th.

Yup, sounds like both you & I left out previous providers because they made us both mad at them. I was a slider phone user until the I just got fed up with the much-too-frequent aggravation of being forced to charge the battery too often.

The phone began falling apart and Metro wouldn't honor the rebate on it!! I. also, was not giving them any more money.

I'm very happy and satisfied with Boost Moble and the phone that I got from them!! :wink:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My credit is not up to parr, which makes it virtually inpossible for me to sign up with a provider offering a 2-year contract without putting up ridiculously high collateral first.

I can still get a provider with a 2-year contract, but they want $500 up front because of my credit, and I am not about to fork up that much money just to get a 2-year contract / plan .
Damn. I had no idea they did that. I sure don't blame you.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Damn. I had no idea they did that. I sure don't blame you.

Thanx.

Yeah, they've been doing that for a number of years now, Doc.

Instead of them trying to help you rebuild your credit rating by not charging you that much, they want to rape you, take you to the cleaners and you're either forced to pay that amount or go somewhere else.

It's their way or the highway. I happily took the highway! :bonk:

Last edited:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Well, I got my new phone last night. A DROID Razr Maxx. I got a really good deal. Verizon gave me a $300.00 gift card for switching my house to FIOS, covered the cost of the phone and the timing was good too the card came just as my old contract was up.

The jury is still out on the phone and I have 30 days to decide. My old phone was an HTC Incredible and I still think it is incredible. I do like the bigger screen on the MAXX and I am a DRIOD Aficionado. Some things are moved around and some functions work differently, I expected that.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I just thought about something;

Had I gone with a provider offering a 2-year contract and paid $500 up front because of my credit rating, then that would be like me paying friggen $500 for a new cell phone, when others with good credit who might sign up are getting them dirt-cheap!!!!! That's not fair!!!!!

But I just dicovered something with Boost Mobile not too long ago. And that is, that you can pay up to $500 into your Boost Mobile account, and the money is automatically deducted for payments every month!

I wouldn't put THAT much money in it, but I AM considering putting at least $100 to $150 a month into the account. Well, maybe $100. This helps to assure that I'd NEVER get behind in the monthly payments and end up losing credits for the Shrinkage Program! I want those credits. It helps to lower the payments to $35 in 18 months. The money stays there until each monthly payment is deducted.

Almost like having another bank account!! And unlike the neighborhood MetroPCS outlets that won't let you pay your monthly cell phone bill with a credit card or debit card and want CASH ONLY, you can go over to any Radio Shack store and pay your Boost Mobile cell phone bill using your credit card or debit card! I like that! With MetroPCS, I had to go all the way over to the store in Cambridge just to be able to pay by check or debit card!!

You can also pay your Boost Mobile bill over the phone, using your Boost Mobile phone!! Many, many ways to pay the bill when with Boost Mobile!! I've had to go through too many hassles trying to pay MetroPCS, be it online or in person! That is what lead me to believe that Metro does not care about what their customers want. They rape you for every little thing!! They're a cash cow!!! Those days are gone forever!!

Last edited: