Gold Site Supporter
CHICKEN WITH BROWN RICE
For the RICE
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup uncooked instant Brown Rice
1 cup chicken broth

for the CHICKEN
1 tablespoon olive oil
two boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (4-6 ounces each)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper

for the SAUCE
2 tablespoons tomato paste
three-quarter cup water
one garlic clove, pressed
1/4 cup pitted green olives
two plum tomatoes
Rice:
add oil to a 1 1/2 quart saucepan; heat over medium heat 1 to 3 min. or until shimmering. Add Rice; stir until well coated with oil. Add broth; bring to a boil. Cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 min. Remove from heat.
Chicken:
add oil to 10 inch sauté pan; heat over medium-high heat 1 to 3 min. or until shimmering. Season chicken with salt and black pepper. Cook chicken 3 to 5 min. or until Golden Brown. Turn chicken over; cook 3 to 5 min. or until center chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan to a plate; 10 with aluminum foil.
Sauce:
reduce heat to medium under sauté pan; add tomato paste and cook over medium heat 2 min. or until tomato paste is caramelized, whisking constantly. Add water and press garlic; simmer 2 to 3 min. or until sauce begins to thicken, whisking to loosen Brown bits from bottom of pan.
As sauce simmers, cut olives lengthwise into quarters. Peeled tomatoes using a serrated peeler. Remove cores and seeds. Slice tomatoes lengthwise into thin strips.

Add chicken, olives and tomatoes to sauce; simmer until heated through.

To serve, divide Rice between serving plates and top with chicken.
Serves two

Leni

As it happens I have a very large leftover poached chicken breast, leftover brown rice, and a half of a leftover jar of pizza sauce. DH and DD do not like olives so I'll have to skip that but this sounds like a perfect recipe to use up those leftovers. I'll top everything with leftover grated cheese and maybe some fresh basil. :clap: Now all I'll need is sides of some sort. Think I"ll just send DH out to the freezer to grab a green veggie.

Thanks LT. I have a not very bad cold and this makes it easy.