Aftermath of hosting my first BBQ contest

GrillinFool

I threw a BBQ contest over the weekend. 18 teams showed up on Sunday and competed in Appetizers, Pork Steaks (A st. Louis thing), and Ribs.

I have a bunch of pictures up and the final scores listed. There was a scoring error that I had to own up to today. Didn't change who got hardware and the top scores in all the categories, but it impacted the rest...

Here's the link

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow,GF, good for you!

Organizing a grilling/bbq competition is a pretty big undertaking.

Good job!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What fun that must have been. I finally had time to review the pics on your blog ....I'll check out the FB ones later.
Looked like a great time and a big success. Where did you have the event? Did you just advertise it in the paper to get the word out.
I was going to say give me a heads up next time and I'll see about fixing you up with a NCT apron or two, but I saw you have some of your own already. :D :thumb:
Good job man. Thanks for sharing!!!! :tiphat: :D :beer:

GrillinFool

What fun that must have been. I finally had time to review the pics on your blog ....I'll check out the FB ones later.
Looked like a great time and a big success. Where did you have the event? Did you just advertise it in the paper to get the word out.
I was going to say give me a heads up next time and I'll see about fixing you up with a NCT apron or two, but I saw you have some of your own already. :D :thumb:
Good job man. Thanks for sharing!!!! :tiphat: :D :beer:

I held it at a park near my home. It was centrally located near the river which allowed folks from both sides easy access.

As for advertising, totally word of mouth and internet advertising on a couple message boards. Facebook, the local paper website, etc. I will do more next year...

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Oh man, what a huge undertaking. Congratulations on a job well done. I'll bet all of us NCTers wish we could have been there to help the judges when it came to tasting the finished products. :)