Semi-Homemade Noodle Bowls

Cooksie

Site Supporter
No-Brainer Noodle Bowl-----But It Tastes Gooood!

Here's something that I make when we have leftover pork tenderloin, and I'm craving Chinese (sorta Chinese anyway :D). It's a "sodium explosion" with the soup mix and the Ramen noodles, but it's not an every day thing, so I figure that it's okay every once in a while. For some reason I didn't put the egg is this last night, but I wish I had. It's a lot better that way.

3727972696_8d13921e0b.jpg

1 package Egg Flower/Hot and Sour Soup Mix
I use this: http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/product/hot-sour-soup-mix
1 egg
1 package Chicken Flavored Ramen Noodles :D:D
1/4 to 1/2 lb pork tenderloin, cut into long, thin pieces
Vegetables (I used a hanful of bagged slaw mix--broccoli, carrots, and cabbage for this, but I usually cut my own and use whatever is on hand.)
Vegetable oil

Prepare the Ramen noodles according to the package directions, omitting the seasoning mix. Drain well and divide between two large, shallow bowls.

Stir fry the pork in a little vegetable oil until you get a little color on it, and it is almost cooked through (not long at all). Add the vegetables and cook to your liking.

Cook the soup according to the package directions, adding the Ramen seasoning packet before you bring it to a boil, and adding the egg at the very end, stirring to form thin egg sheets.

Place the pork/veg's over the noodles and pour the soup mixture over all.

Lol--if you have some frozen egg-rolls, you might as well heat those up also.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, that looks great! I'll look for that Egg Flower brand soup mix at the Asian market next door.

Thanks, cooksie!

Lee

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I love that Egg Flower Hot and Sour, Cooksie! It's sooo good. But the only thing I've ever done to it was cut up tofu and put it in. That tastes pretty good by itself so your recipe must be amazing! I will definitely try it.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Thanks Girls! FM, I like tofu too, but I rarely have it on hand. Q-Sis, how wonderful to have an Asian market close by. They will probably have a better soup mix than Kikkoman. I have to use what I can get my hands on. :)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
That looks so good Cooksie! I'll definitely be trying this. Yeah.....I love Ramen Noodles, so this is right up my alley!! :lol:

Thanks!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
We do stuff like this every so often as well, sometimes a Chinese twist sometimes a Thai twist, LOL. I know they are sodium in a bowl, but they are so cheap and easy.... ok that didn't come out right...

I like your take Cooksie, thanks for posting it!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
:mrgreen::mrgreen: Gotta have a Ramen fix every once in a while!

I like to use them too Cooksie.

Ramen Chicken Salad

2 pkgs of those el cheapo ramen noodles (toss the flavour packet-you won't need it) lol
2 cups of leftover grilled or baked chicken breast- chopped, sliced or shredded
1/2 c seasoned croutons
1/4 c crumbled bacon
1/2 c caesar or ranch salad dressing

Make the noodles according to package directions.
Drain and plate.
Add heated chicken, croutons, bacon and dressing.

Simple and delicious. :)

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I like to use them too Cooksie.

Ramen Chicken Salad

2 pkgs of those el cheapo ramen noodles (toss the flavour packet-you won't need it) lol
2 cups of leftover grilled or baked chicken breast- chopped, sliced or shredded
1/2 c seasoned croutons
1/4 c crumbled bacon
1/2 c caesar or ranch salad dressing

Make the noodles according to package directions.
Drain and plate.
Add heated chicken, croutons, bacon and dressing.

Simple and delicious. :)

I'll have to give this a try. Thanks for the recipe!