BBQ'd Pork w/Cornbread Topped Casserole

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
approx 3 cups of bbq'd pork (i used leftover rib meat)
s13mlf.jpg

saute a medium onion and then add the pork
2nroeav.jpg

add 1 cup of frozen mixed veggies and 1 1/2 cups of grilled or smoked corn
fz5aoz.jpg

to this mixture, i added one can of the following, 1 tsp worchestershire sauce and 2 tablespoons of ketchup
vnji2t.jpg

simmered for about 1/2 hour until it looked like this(my favorite pic..lol)
15cg3k0.jpg

take 2 boxes of jiffy cornbread mix(yes i like the stuff..no haters please..lol) add - 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese, 1 1/2 cups of smoked or grill corn. mix as the box says, u may have to add a little more milk.. i also added a tsp of my hot sauce..add ur favorite if u wish
10si1xl.jpg

today i will cooked in these containers
a8hag.jpg

spoon your meat & veggie mixture into the bottom of the pans evenly
2luopiv.jpg

top with cornbread mixture and bake at 400 for 15 minutes, turn pans around and cook at 350 for approx 15 minutes more.
33aawk3.jpg

cooked
2hp4vbb.jpg

a few more pix to follow in next post

chowhound

I just took a butt out of the freezer yesterday for hopefully Sunday. This (or a close variation) is going on my to-do list.

homecook

I agree chow!!! I've definitely got to try this. I may even have some leftover pulled pork in the freezer.

buckytom

Grill Master
i've been looking for an excuse to make another crock pot pulled pork shoulder, bam. but i have to sell it as "healthy".

this is it!!!!! :clap:

thanks. copied and saved.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i've been looking for an excuse to make another crock pot pulled pork shoulder, bam. but i have to sell it as "healthy".

this is it!!!!! :clap:

thanks. copied and saved.

hey its got veggies in it, its healthy....lol

eggs are part of a chicken..makes them healthy

cheese is a dairy product and its healthy to...:yum::yum::yum:

buckytom

Grill Master
yup, the veggies will be my selling point. i'll probably have to use low fat cheese, skim milk, apple sauce, and so on, but it'll still be good. :thumb:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
yup, the veggies will be my selling point. i'll probably have to use low fat cheese, skim milk, apple sauce, and so on, but it'll still be good. :thumb:

i have and contiue to use

1% milk
2% cheese
apple sauce for my baking
egg whites
brown sugar splenda

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
i have and contiue to use

1% milk
2% cheese
apple sauce for my baking
egg whites
brown sugar splenda

I'm pretty sure this a a baker's thing which is why it is elduing me.....but what is the Apple Sauce for? Do you dub it in for.....butter or something?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Oh, and I'm at work, so I can't see the pics. Sounds good though! I'll check this thread again when I get home.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I'm pretty sure this a a baker's thing which is why it is elduing me.....but what is the Apple Sauce for? Do you dub it in for.....butter or something?

yup..butter,oil,shortening etc etc for when u r baking